Chapter Forty-Two

Y/n's story 

"Now you know our full stories, would you care to share yours?" Jin asks with a small smile. I look up at him, reciprocating his smile as I ask him, "what'd you like to know?"

"Why'd you continue with the HPS after you were attacked?"

"I had dreams growing up which put me off the idea of ever running my grandparents business. I'd always wanted to become a fashion designer, not a carer. When my grandparents passed, my parents took over the original HPS building, continuing it in their name.

I decided to build a new HPS after the other had closed because I wanted to do something for myself. After the attack, I realised that not all hybrids were bad, weirdly enough. I guess it was Solar who helped me find who I was because she saved me that night. She helped me to not lose myself...

I can't take all the credit because it was a joint effort between a big group of friends who just wanted people to come together and protect, heal, save."

"What about your dream for fashion designing?" Tae asks, confused. "Did you just abandon that dream?"

Sighing, I relax further back into my seat. "For the first few years, I took it up as a hobby. Every now and then I'd make clothes and blankets for the babies or children because that was what I was best at. I had to learn to do adult clothes because they were bigger and I was only really good at the smaller stuff because I didn't manage to finish my course. I don't regret changing my dreams for the HPS because I got to save lives everyday and see them flourish."

"What did your parents say?"

The question sparks sadness within me. My face falls down; smile drooping, eyes losing colour. "My parents didn't live long enough to know of my career change. I lost them at a pretty young age and I had to learn everything about hybrids from scratch...it was a hard thing to do, but I managed it with the right help."

"Do you regret anything?"

I looked over to Jimin who was practically curled over Yoongi's lap. "I don't regret a thing," I murmur softly with a gentle smile. "You have to experience different things and learn from them to become a better you. It can take a while, but you'll eventually get there. I know that I still have a lot to work out but I feel that with the right people around me, I'll be able to conquer anything."

"D-Do you regret taking us back?" Kook asks shyly.

"I'm not gonna lie...It hurt me a lot, the way you guys treated me. As soon as I saw you guys for the first time, I felt a connection that I just couldn't explain. It took some therapy to figure it out but it became too late. You ended up leaving me and I felt unwanted. It was a horrible feeling that really kicked me down. Bringing you guys back into my life has me scared...I don't want to be abandoned again or lose you for good. I felt happier when I saw you in bed with me this morning because it filled me with relief...relief that you hadn't left me and that I wasn't so alone anymore. I'm hoping that we can stay together and not be broken apart because of our pasts. I'm not telling you to forget them or to just suddenly like every human you meet. I'm just asking that you give us a go and that you can try to view some things more differently than you used to."

"A fresh start?" Yoongi asks curiously.

"Sort of, yes. We can begin again, together. Learn to love, together. Heal, together."