Chapter Thirty-Six

Yoongi's story

"Joon and I clicked as soon as we met. We were scheduled to fight each other later on in the evening so we were placed in cages next to each other. We spoke in hushed whispers to lessen the chance of being seen communicating. The handler's never really checked on their hybrids because they thought that everyone was too scared of them to break the rules, which, to be honest, most of them were. There were only a few hybrids that were willing to communicate to try and figure out an escape from the nightmare we lived in. I was more than willing to offer help considering that I'd been born into that hell and raised as a 'slave' for humans which fed my hatred for them. All my life, I grew up knowing nothing but pure rage and hatred for the opposing species. Humans were just low class scum that used hybrids to their advantage whenever they could. I didn't even know that the HPS existed until a few months after my escape with Joon.

Anyway, not long before the fight was scheduled, we were placed into a room with other hybrids that had either already finished their fights or were getting prepared for them, either training or being supplied stuff to enhance their performance. Luckily for the both of us, our handler's never believed in that crap so we were never dosed up before a fight, allowing us to maintain a clear mind. Considering the amount of hybrids that were dosed up each time in the room and the lack of rebellious acts, no guards ever occupied the room which was their mistake. They only ever stood before the door which was pretty heavy metal and hard to hear through for the human ear.

It didn't take long for us both to recognise a few hybrids that had wanted to escape and we thought that this was the perfect opportunity for us to strike...I mean, can't you see?

Two predator hybrids in the ring that want to rebel, others waiting on the wings convincing others to join. We had the whole thing set out and ready to act on in under two minutes which was pretty impressive considering the situation we were in.

As soon as we got into the ring and the fight began, Joon and I put on a show for our guests. We entertained them for the first few minutes, feeding their fantasies until we were ready to send the first signal which would then be transmitted to some other hybrids by another.

No one thought about the consequences if we were to be caught, only the fact that we were so close to freedom. As soon as the first signal was made, all hell broke loose. It was so satisfying to hear their screams for once and not those of another hybrid. I couldn't wait to join in, but unfortunately we had to wait for someone to let us out because the ring we fought in was surrounded by an electrified wall, metres high with a metal ceiling...sort of like a cage, just bigger.

Another hybrid by the name of Eunwoo, if I remember correctly, was the one to let us out. We didn't wait a single second until we attacked the nearest person and god was it satisfying.

It was like I was getting the revenge that I deserved...

The whole area was just coated in blood, mainly that of humans for a change. Once nearly the whole place was cleared of the vile things, we took off running, trying to find the escape we longed for. It surprisingly didn't take that long, but then again, we just followed the other hybrids who followed the odd stray human that was also trying to escape while screaming bloody murder.

Stupidly enough, they were the ones who unlocked the door to our freedom before succumbing to their own destined fate.

I felt like I could cry when I finally took my first look at sunlight in years. We were all like 'mad-men' running through the depths of the woods, away from that place.

I didn't even realise until later on that Joon and I were running together because of our joint hands. We both felt embarrassed at that moment but it quickly faded when we both realised that we were truly free.

I would say that it was like history was rewriting itself but we all know that it's far from it. Hybrids will never feel true freedom, even with all these laws in place because the government goes back on them and doesn't do anything to enforce them...it's people like you who try to make them stick.

On that day, we both agreed to make a pack of our own and help any hybrid that needed it. We didn't expect to fall in love and become mates and we certainly didn't expect other people to join, but we're glad that they did."

XXX

THESE CHAPTERS WILL BE SHORTER BECAUSE IT'S THEIR STORY THAT THEY'RE TELLING Y/N CURRENTLY AS A GROUP...

WHOSE STORY DO YOU THINK'S COMING NEXT?

-PEACHY <3