Chapter Eight

Namjoon POV

"What are we going to do?" Yoongi asked as soon as Y/n had left the room. I just sigh, moving to lie back down on my bed. "We do nothing," I reply tiredly.

"But Joonie-"

"No Kook, we can't have her as a mate, she's human," I spat out, cutting him off before he could even finish his sentence. I watch him curl back into Jin, his eyes betraying his disappointment towards me.

Yoongi doesn't question it further, not willing to end up in the same place as Kook did. "You may be our alpha Joon, but that doesn't mean that we can't be her mates just because you hold a grudge towards her for being human."

Jin has been the only one able to stand up for people against me or even talk back without much argument coming from me. Only on rare occasions have I ever raised my voice towards him.

A growl rumbles through my chest, eyes darkening slightly at the thought of the human being accepted into our group. "It doesn't mean that we will love you any less," he adds on, moving Kookie to Hoseok before walking towards me.

I sit back up on the bed, allowing him to sit by me before he pulls me into a hug. "Just get to know her and then decide."

Y/n POV

"How'd it go?" Is the first thing I ask when Moonbyul leaves the room. "It went great surprisingly. They told me that they would be up for finding a place located away from people, maybe somewhere with forestry nearby."

"Is there a place available like that?" I asked with a frown. "I'd have to look into it. The only place like that is the one you have," she says saddened.

"Maybe you could house them," she calls out excitedly, head shooting up, eyes wide as she looks at me beaming. "I can't," I reply sadly. She looks confused for a while before her face falls, remembering that they don't take well to humans.

"You know I would if I could, I love housing hybrids who need it, that's why I got a bigger place, but they just don't like me."

She lets out a sigh, rubbing her hand across her face in frustration. "I'll have to look into it," she says before walking away.

...

"Hey there sweetie," I softly called out, watching Areum's face light up with glee as I walked closer. "How are you feeling?"

"M'good," she answers before burying herself further into the nest she has made around her bed. I don't dare to step closer, knowing that a nest is a precious thing to hybrids and if they wanted you in there, they would invite you in.

My heart melts at the sight of her curled up body laid in the middle of the nest, her eyes fluttering softly under the dimmed lights.

"I was going to ask if you wanted to come see that group of boys again so you can meet them properly, but you look so cosy that it makes me wish I never disturbed you." Her eyes move to look at me, opening a little more as she moves to get up.

"You don't have to sweetie, I know it can be overwhelming to be around so many scents at once." she just holds her arms up for me, latching on tightly as soon as I pick her up.

I grab a fluffy blanket from the chair and wrap it around her to keep her warm, the top part resting on her head to keep her hidden from everyone, but myself. Her face peeks out of the blanket to look at me, her eyes still droopy with sleep as she tiredly scents me slightly before moving to hide back into the blanket again.

I make sure I'm holding her securely before making a move towards the boys room.

Once I arrive, I look down towards Areum, just to see her fast asleep in my arms. My eyes glisten slightly at the adorable sight as I fight off cooing, knowing that I would disturb her.

I knock softly on the door before entering, slightly surprised to see Moonbyul in the room. "Everything alright?" I ask, stepping closer towards her.

She smiles at me, nodding her head before squealing as she peers into the blanket. "Areum decided to join," I say softly with a smile.

"She was in her nest when I first came in, it made me feel guilty for disturbing her," I whisper sadly while making sure that the blanket is around her properly. "So, did you find a place?" I ask, guessing that's why she would be here.

Her smile falls slightly as she answers, "no places around like the one they wanted, but-" she lengthens her ending, making me slightly worried as her smile beams back onto her face. "I told them that you had room with you."

My eyes widen before I turn to look at the boys and then back to her. "Moonbyul-" she cuts me off before I could speak, slowly making her way towards the door.

"Just talk to them about it," she says with a shrug before leaving. I just groan lightly before turning back around. "I need to check your wounds," I say, directing my words to Namjoon before walking closer to his bed.

Areum shuffles in the blanket before her eyes peer open, head popping up out of the blanket, eyes being the only thing uncovered. "Hey hun," I say softly, re-adjusting her in my arms so she is more comfy. "Would you like to say hi?" I asked her softly, eyes peering up at me with sleep still laced through them.

"Is it alright if I place you with them for a minute?" she just nods lightly, hands gripping on the blanket to show her nervousness. I move towards Seokjin and smile before asking, "please may you hold her for me?"

He looks a bit shocked but quickly replaces his expression with a smile as he takes the bundle into his own arms. Surprisingly, she snuggles into him, her eyes drooping again before finally shutting.

With Areum safe, I turn back to Namjoon. "This shouldn't take long."

XXX

HOPE YOU DIDN'T MIND THE CHANGE OF POV. I JUST THOUGHT THAT I WOULD GIVE THE STORY IN SOMEONE ELSE'S PERSPECTIVE.

THANK YOU FOR READING, STAY WELL :)

-PEACHY <3