Chapter Twelve

The boys had settled into their new rooms quite well. I could even hear some noises of excitement and awe echoing to the downstairs floor as they made their way to their living quarters.

Knowing it had been an exhausting trip, I had decided to make some Kimchi stew for dinner with some plain rice as a side dish. Just as I was dishing up bowls, footsteps could be heard storming down the stairs making me smile.

The boys soon piled into the kitchen with wide eyes as they looked towards the food. "Help yourself, the dining room is just through there," I say while gesturing towards the right hand side of me before picking myself up a bowl and making my way out of the kitchen. 

"Y/n," a feeble voice spoke out, making me confused as to whether I was hearing things or not. Deciding to take the chance, I turned around just to see Jungkook standing nearer to me than the rest with his eyes looking down and his cheeks painted red.

My facial expression naturally softens in front of the bunny, knowing he is frightened of being near me, especially without one of his hyungs nearby. "Yes?" I asked politely, making sure to keep my voice quieter in order to not scare the poor boy.

"A-Are you not joining us?" He stutters out cutely with his hands clasped together before him as he fiddles with his fingers in nervousness. "I thought it would be best to leave you guys to settle and enjoy your own company without some doctor being in the way."

"Oh," is the only thing he says, his face falling a bit before he turns to walk fully into the kitchen.

Taehyung gives me a death glare before rushing after the bunny making me confused...what had I done so wrong?

...

It felt weird to be eating my dinner down in my room. For some reason it felt colder and lonelier, especially when I could hear the cheerful sounds of laughter echo from above.

My mood turned gloomy as I shovelled mouthfuls of stew and rice into my mouth. My mind was cursing at me for not joining them when I had the chance but also thanking me for avoiding any awkward situations that could have come up if I had decided to.

I didn't know if I would be disturbing their happiness if I went up there with my empty bowls. I must have spent at least fifteen minutes contemplating before I had decided to finally make the move.

I picked up my bowls and made my way to the top of the stairs which led me to the currently closed basement door. I pulled it open after taking a deep breath in to recollect myself.

I walked towards the kitchen silently before placing my bowls into the sink and running the water. I washed them up and placed them on the rack before drying my hands.

My phone startled me as the ringer sounded loudly throughout the kitchen. I quickly pulled it from my pocket and accepted the call without reading the name.

PHONE CALL 00:00

"Hello, Y/n speaking," I called out to the other end before walking out of the kitchen and into the living room so I would be further away from the dining room.

"Hey Y/n, it's me Wheein. I was just calling to see if everything is alright, Solar said that you are having trouble sleeping again," she said worriedly making me tut.

"It's just a few issues Wheein, I promise I'm fine," I try to justify which I should have gathered wouldn't be taken so well.

"You aren't fine Y/n, you know this needs sorting."

I throw myself down onto the sofa exhausted, completely forgetting about the hybrids sitting in just a few rooms over. "If you are hinting at what happened six years ago, I don't want to speak about it."

I can hear her sigh on the other end of the phone, the sound of rumpled clothing being followed shortly after. "You know we just care about you and want what's best for you," she answers sadly before continuing, "if you are having nightmares again, I can help like I did last time." 

I can feel the memories trying to resurface so I push them down, not willing to let Wheein hear me cry over the phone. "Can we speak about this at work?" I mutter. "Of course, I will speak to you on our break. I expect you to turn up and not push this away Y/n," she says sternly before the call is cut.

PHONE CALL END 01:02:56

"What happened six years ago?"

XXX

I WONDER WHAT HAPPENED TO Y/N SIX YEARS AGO. COULD IT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH A HYBRID? HER FAMILY? A CLOSE FRIEND? HERSELF?

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE CONSTANT UPDATES ON THIS STORY, FEEL FREE TO FOLLOW MY ACCOUNT AND DROP THIS STORY INTO YOUR LIBRARY OR A READING LIST. THE VOTE BUTTON IS FREE TO USE AND YOUR THOUGHTS ARE ALSO FREE TO COMMENT.

FEEL FREE TO DO AS YOU WISH AS LONG AS YOU'RE HAPPY WITH IT.

THANK YOU FOR THE READ AND SUPPORT, ALL OF IT IS APPRECIATED, I PURPLE YOU ARMY,

-PEACHY <3

:)