Chapter Thirty-Eight

Jungkook's story

"As you know, I grew up never knowing who my parents were. I was actually abandoned as a baby and raised by a husky hybrid who taught me the ins and outs of living on the streets.

Growing up with nothing for so long, you don't really have anything to miss. I never once craved to use a phone or go to a school because I didn't understand what they truly were.

Being a hybrid and on the streets was hard at times, especially with the HPC strolling around all the time and taking us in like we were some hunter's prize.

We were a game to them. They would hunt us for sport and then give money to the person who'd manage to catch a hybrid first or to the person that had managed to catch the most.

It was a sickening sight, but you learned to live with it.

It was each hybrid for themselves when it came to the HPC. we couldn't risk getting caught just because we'd tried to save someone else. We'd seen it happen before and it wasn't a pretty sight.

They'd catch hybrids round their throats with these metal things that would tighten and mark skin. As a child, it would make me cry. I wouldn't say that I hate humans as much as some of the others do because I've not really had an experience personally that could make me.

Of course, growing up with a husky that felt strong hate towards humans meant that I was influenced by it because I practically grew up with him. I learnt from him which helped me to survive when I was alone.

It's hard to find a mate on the streets because you have to stay in hiding, but he was one of the lucky ones.

He found his mate in another female. I knew at that moment that he'd be leaving me and I'd be alone. Just to feed the cravings for comfort, I'd watch people go past each day. Ultimately, in the end, it just made my loneliness worse.

I felt a sense of relief when Hoseok found me because I wasn't so alone. Of course I can't mention how he found me because that's his story to tell. All I can really say is that I don't think I'd be here today if it wasn't for Hoseok and the others."

XXX

JUNGKOOK'S STORY IS ONLY SMALL BECAUSE THERE'S NOT A LOT TO SAY ABOUT HIS BACKGROUND.