Chapter Thirty-Five

IS THERE SOMEONE WHO YOU'D LIKE TO HEAR FROM MORE? AM I LEAVING ANYONE OUT, OR NEGLECTING A CHARACTER THAT SHOULD BE HEARD MORE THAN THEY ARE?

XXX

"What happened to my shy baby bun?" I ask accusingly as I watch his body manspreading against my sheets, head resting against the backboard.

"D-Does it make you uncomfortable?" he asks with a flushed face. I flop down next to him, head turning to face him. "Not really...I guess we're practically mates since you bit me."

He chokes on his own tongue, face turning even darker as his eyes widen. "I-"

A laugh escapes me.

"It was a joke, calm down...I didn't mind what you did, I'm just glad you didn't break skin-"

"Do you not want to be my mate?" he asks suddenly, sadly, causing me to jolt up.

"No, no, it's not like that," I rush. "I'm just glad that you didn't waste it on a hasty decision when giving a mating bite to your mate is supposed to be a special moment...it's not something you should waste because you're trying to keep people together."

Despite him being naked, I allow him to bring me into a hug. "Thank you," he whispers.

"Don't mention it...now, how does breakfast sound?"

...

Eating breakfast as a group was an odd thing...

Tension remained in the air from the night before, crackling with nervous energy as we all remained silent, the only sound being heard was forks hitting against or scraping plates.

Deciding that something needs to change, I clear my throat, straightening up before saying, "I have work today but I could always take the day off if you'd like to talk about last night."

Glances are shared between them before Jin is sighing, looking me dead in the eye. "It would be better if you could stay off so we could all talk about whatever last night was."

"I'll go call work and tell them then."

...

"What was the issue with you last night?" Yoongi starts off after we'd all got settled. "Do you not want us here, is that the problem?"

"No, no, that's not the issue at all." I sigh, leaning back into the sofa.

"I guess I'm just scared," I reveal.

"Scared of what?" Jimin scoffs. I make eye contact with him, groaning in annoyance.

"Do you really have to ask?"" I hissed, annoyed. "You leave because of your hate for humans, then all of a sudden you're accepting me without issue. I think I'm owed an explanation, don't you think?"

"I never had an issue with humans so I don't think that I owe much of an explanation," Jin is quick to defend.

I release a scoff of my own. "Even if that is the case, being surrounded by others that have a particular hate for humans can also change your own views because you are being influenced by their ideals."

A growl rumbles from Tae's chest. "And what's that supposed to mean," he angrily shouts from where he's sat.

"I'm not saying that your bad people-"

"It sure as hell sounds like you are," Yoongi criticises. I turn towards the usually calm panther that's now seething with rage.

"I'm just saying that your own views can influence others strongly, no matter how nice you are."

Grunting, I sink back further in on myself. "Can I just get some explanations so I feel more relaxed in my own home?"

Surprisingly, Namjoon is the first one to agree, leaning forward slightly to grab eye contact with myself. "I'll explain my hatred for humans."

The others all turn quiet, some looking towards him in shock.

"Namjoon-" Jimin goes to protest, quickly silenced by a rumbled growl. "It's the least she deserves after the way we– I treated her."

He relaxes back into the love seat, Tae drawn into his side. "I can only really tell you so much because the rest is Yoongi's to share...I was born into a pack which my father was the alpha to. As soon as I presented as an alpha, my father saw me as competition because I was stronger than most and potentially stronger than him. I could never really tell if my theory was true because he always refused to fight me, saying that the pack would see it as a challenge and potentially kick me out...personally I thought he was scared of what the outcome could be. Anyway, not long after my sixteenth birthday, my father set me up to be captured by some hunters...I know this information because I could hear from the back of the van, obviously whoever had caught me did a bad job at knocking me out-"

"Shouldn't you be angry at your own then?" I can't help but ask as frustration seeps through the calm persona I was trying to keep.

He glances at me with an eyebrow raised. "I'll get to that," he briefly states before looking away again to face the wall in front of him.

"They took me to this stale smelling place that was full of nothing but caged up hybrids, some with thinned bodies and others all muscled up. I had no idea what I was going to be used for but I guess that I should have figured it out pretty quickly considering my strength. It took a week of their poking and prodding before I snapped, but I guess that's just what they wanted. They were happy to see me lash out, shouting about how strong and fierce I looked and how well I'd do in the ring. I guess at that moment it kicked into place. I knew that I was going to be used as a tool against other hybrids, forced to fight them but I didn't know to what extent. A day after that incident I was introduced to someone known as a handler, but I had to call him 'sir' or get punished. They trained me for a month and tased me with a long rod if I disobeyed anything they asked of me. Once the month was up, I was just pushed into the ring and told to fight and make it count. I didn't even realise that they wanted us to fight till the death until they announced it like it was sport. I felt sick seeing all those humans sitting around the ring, filling the place to the brim, holding money and waving it around, betting on us. It was the first time I'd killed someone and the first time I'd got seriously punished for vomiting on my handler's shoes once I was out of the ring...I just couldn't help it. The stench of blood was just too strong that it made me visibly sick. I couldn't stomach anything for the next week which angered my handler. I'd get frequent punishments during that week until I finally stomached food again and got back into the ring to fight. It didn't matter to them, they'd put us against prey or multiple hybrids at a time if it meant that they'd rake in the cash. The sight of humans after that just sickened me to an extent that I couldn't tolerate any of them. I couldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. As I mentioned before, the ring was where I met Yoongi, but I'll let him explain that more for you."

XXX

I'M STARTING TO STRUGGLE TO PUT ENERGY INTO THIS STORY. EVERY TIME I WRITE A CHAPTER IT'S LIKE MY MIND GOES BLANK, BUT WITH MY OTHER STORY (HEAL ME SOFTLY), I HAVE THE ENERGY TO JUST WRITE ENDLESSLY. 

THIS CHAPTER TOOK LONGER TO PUBLISH TODAY BECAUSE I WAS WRITING SOME MORE INFO ABOUT THEIR BACK STORIES, BUT ALSO TRYING TO NOT RE-WRITE ANYTHING THAT I HAD WROTE ABOUT THEM BEFORE...

YOONGI'S STORY NEXT...I'M GOING TO GIVE THEM A CHAPTER EACH :)

-PEACHY <3