CHAPTER 43

"Then how would you end it, if you're still reminiscing it, it's not an end if you won't cut it off." She replied calm as the sea.

"What are you trying to point, Your highness, forgive this person for not getting your point immediately." I replied with the same tone she used.

She smiled at my direction. "Nevermind, don't stress yourself over something that's trivial." She said with a monotone voice.

That was the last conversation I had with Her Royal Highness, the crown princess of the Royal Palace. Somehow, talking to her enlightens some part of my life, I've been thinking about it over and over.

I know this is a matter of life and death, but I never looked at that so deeply, I thought I already covered all the areas before starting it, turns out I was wrong. These past few events made me realize something; everything from the start was wrong.

So am I.

I am lost at thoughts, I was alive for something but what is it? Is it in my grasp? But I doubt it is, the sudden changes was almost too much to sink in my head, the letter, the burial, the memorial tablets.

The reason why they cannot bury their body in a cemetery is because Hetous isn't a family you can just go and go, every step could lead you to death, I was amazed by how Her Royal Highness punished them, it was as if light.

There is no leash in a Mauvais' neck.

"My dear agent, are you listening?" Atreus' voice shake my thoughts.

I blink. "Pardon? What are you saying again?" I retorted.

"You seem to be lost in thought, do we have a problem?" Atreus' voice coated me.

Napailing ako, this isn't normal at all. "Nothing, I'm just thinking you look good today." I said averting the topic.

Pumalakpak s'ya saka tumayo at umikot sa harapan ko na parang babae, proud na proud pa nitong pinapagpagan ang kanyang suot na tila pinagmamayabang n'ya 'to.

This is how you will avert Atreus Ludvik Safronov attention; compliment him.

"Naku, ngayon mo lang ba nalaman 'yan? Ano? sobrang gwapo ko ba ngayon?" Aniya nito sabay kindat sa'kin.

Tumango ako. "Pwede na."

Umirap s'ya. "Hindi ko alam kung anong klaseng taste meron ka, sa gwapo kong 'to, hindi ka man lang umaayon?" Bumusangot ang itsura nito.

"I mean to say, you look good today I'll  add three cubes of sugar to what you look like yesterday." I said with sincerity in my voice.

"Wow, naikumpara pa nga ako sa kape," inayos nito ang buhok n'ya. "Ayos lang, importante sa'kin ka lang nag "you-you look good." Ngumiti s'ya kuntento sa kanyang sinabi.

I tilted my head. "You seem confident with that one."

Umayos s'ya ng upo. "Dapat lang, hirap na hirap na nga akong makakuha ng compliment mo may makikisali pa."

"You're not up for a competition?"

Lumamlam ang kanyang mga mata. "A woman's heart shouldn't be a prize in competition."

"Such a sweet talker no wonder your maids are always ready to knelt before you," I said with a sly smirk in my face.

"Sa'yo lang ako luluhod." Seryosong saad n'ya.

I met his gaze, it was so sincere that someone might mistake I am ruling this man in front of me, a man who's known for being a ruthless in business since young, battled with all old-aged buisnessman while he's ten years old, graduated as a Summa Cum Laude of his batch, A famous architect in this generation, a viscount in the east.