Chapter 124: Victoria Secret Fashion Show

July

July

Plaza Hotel, New York City

"Wow!" I gasped, walking into the hotel. "This place looks so different." I spun around taking all the changes they made to the hotel to turn it into a fashion show.

"Right." My assistant Tasha nudged me. "This show is going to make history. Apparently, there's no other fashion show that's going to do what they're doing. This show is going to be live. It's not like the fashion weeks Iman. This one is bigger."

"I can tell."

I was excited to be at this show. Not only was this going to be broadcast live for the world to see but also there was going to be no Tamara. Only the models, fashion designers, directors, assistants, and people working on the show were allowed to be at the hotel. All managers, family members, and acquaintances had to stay somewhere else until showtime. She argued and put up a fight. But Victoria's secret management wouldn't budge. That was fine by me. She wasn't going to be here to dote and bother me. At least till after the show.

I stopped walking and looked at the models scattered around the hotel. There were no beginners whatsoever. Only the top models that have been in the game since the 80s were here. We started walking towards the counter to check ourselves in. I looked over at the other models once again as they all looked at me. I noticed Christy Turlington on the side. She waved to me as I waved back at her.

"Hey, you look gorgeous." I smiled as she approached me.

"Thank you, same to you."

"Isn't this something?" I waved my hands gesturing to the scene around the room.

"Right." She raised her brows. "Only the top models were chosen for this. They said if this show does well, they'll have more of them. I guess Victoria's Secret wants to promote their bra lines."

"Guess so." I nod. "So is Vince here?"

She looked at me awkwardly. Shifted from foot to foot she started flipping and playing with her hair a bit.

"So, you sharing a room with anyone?" She mumbles quietly, avoiding my question.

Did I say something wrong?

"No, I got a suite for myself."

"That's great. I'm sharing a room with Stephanie Seymour. I thought she was nice at first, but it seems like she's talking about me behind my back to the other girls about V... about stuff." She chuckles sadly, holding her arms around her body.

"So, she's being a b-i-t-c-h." I spell.

"Yeah." She runs her hands through her hair. "You could say that."

"Kind of like what we used to be," I smirk raising a brow.

"Yeah." She laughed.

"Alright, I got your room key." Tasha walks back over to me.