Chapter 5 : Dreams

Xo POV:

It had been about 4 hours since I last saw those 2 lovebirds. And they are lovebirds; they just refuse to admit that they like each other. But when I saw them they looked like they had as the modern world would say a massive glow up. Meanwhile, I just had black jeans and a lime green and black hoodie in the middle of summer with part of my hair up and lots of daffodils all over my hair.  And of course, no shoes on me. Drannus was holding a pair of sandals so I guessed it was for Zerry.  "Hey Xo." "Hey lovebirds, you both had fun on your date I see." "First off we are not lovebirds sis and second off do you know where we can crash for the night because Zerry here is going to fall asleep at by the looks of it any second." I looked at Zeratino and I could see that Drannus was right about any second he is going to fall asleep. "I may have an idea." I started to lead us to a hotel and I had human money on me thankfully so we could be here for the night. The second we reached the room Zeratino had fallen face first with the blindfold still on into the pillow. "Well then, you 2 had quite the day by the looks of it." "Yeah we did." Drannus had taken the blindfold off of Zeratino because I know from experience that it is not comfortable. "Zerry looks like he's dreaming." "Hopefully good things Drannus." "Yeah, hopefully good things. Anyway we should go to sleep for the night, we have a big day tomorrow." "I guess. Should we take turns to watch or something because we don't know if there are any monsters hidden in the mist here." "I think that's a good idea Xo. I could take the first shift if you'd like." "Yes please." I was about to fall face first into my pillow which I had then looked at Zeratino. He looked so peaceful, I just hope that nothing even worse than what he's already gone through tries to hurt him. (Wonder what he's dreaming about.)

3rd person POV:

The dreams were memories of the past, some good and some bad. It was a memory of Zeratino's childhood. "Mama what is that." "That Zeratino is a dryad, a being of the earth that can either be water or a type of plant." "Would that mean that there could be rose dryads?" "Yes sweetheart." "Dear, Xiphos is eating the chicken eggs again." Gaea had chuckled. "Seems like your brother has gotten into trouble again huh." "Looks like it." "Stay here and don't leave the garden until I come back." "Okay Mama." Little did Zeratino know that there was someone watching, a god angry with his existence. A god called Hera. She walked up to him and had asked, "Hello little boy, where are your parents?" "Mama said I shouldn't talk with strangers so go away." Hera had gotten slightly agitated with the boy and asked again slightly more angry, "Little boy, where are your parents?" The goddess walked closer to Zeratino and grabbed his arm. He started to scream which would be heard from where his parents were at. "Shut it." Hera started to speak a curse to grow and corrupt Zeratino which made him scream louder because of the pain. Brambles then appeared and Gaea with Xiphos and the father of the boys within the door frame. "YOU STAY AWAY FROM MY SON HERA!" Hera disappeared leaving Zeratino crying on the ground. Gaea ran to him and saw glowing purple cracks around his eyes and where Hera had grabbed his arm a symbol appeared and more cracks spreading from it. "Xiphos go get the bracelet that I told you to not touch alright." "O-o-okay." Xiphos then ran to find it. "Shhhh-shhh, it's alright sweetheart I am right here. That nasty woman isn't going to hurt you any longer." "Mama, it hurts." "I know don't worry it'll be alright, I promise." Xiphos came back with the bracelet. Made of gold and with rune like markings. Gaea then put it on her son and all the cracks disappeared with the pain. Zeratino had fallen asleep due to the shock and pain. Who can blame him? This is a memory that you have tried so desperately to forget, Isn't that right ZERATINO.

Zeratino POV:

I woke up in a cold sweat. (Out of all things that I could've dreamt about it had to be the one about how I originally got the curse that turned me into the Seductive Rose later on.) "Good morning sleepy head." "Morning Beastly." "Big day today, huh." "Yep. Where's Drannus?" "Getting food for all of us." "Ah." "Ready for your reunion with Xiphos?" I hesitated but I knew the answer. "Yes, I am to see my older brother again."