Chapter 30 : Sickness or Not

Kat POV:

"ACHOO! Sorry, you two. sniff But are you sure that you guys won't get sick? Anymore than Xiphos already is." I was sitting up in bed and Zeratino along with Xiphos were with me to make sure I was alright. Zeratino was growing specific herbs to help make soup for me and Xiphos was sitting beside the bed, putting another box of tissues on the stand next to me. "cough. It's fine, besides Zeratino never really got sick. So he'll be fine. I'm just a little stuffed up. I've been around humans long enough to the point that I can get slightly sick, not feverish, but still. Trust me, I'm fine." I was still suspicious since Xiphos can hide what he's feeling pretty well, mentally and physically. Zeratino looked over and I could tell he was worried, last time Xiphos got sick he died. Then the Hera mess as I like to call it started. Zeratino looked back at the windowsill and was staring at an empty flower pot that had fresh soil I watered. It was there for either Zeratino or Xiphos if they wanted to grow any herbs or something and I knew they probably didn't want dry dirt. Not good for the flower to grow. As I was lost in thought, Zeratino grew a pink flower that looked similar to a lily and then picked it. I looked at him in confusion, "What's that for?" Zeratino held the flower in his right hand and switched places with Xiphos. He answered, "Your fever." He then thrust the flower into my face and the pollen made my nose tickle and itch. "Ah-ah-ACHOO!" My sneeze was big enough that the petals were blown away. "S-sorry. sniff." Xiphos stared at me for a few seconds and then laughed while Zeratino snickered, I got worried, "What, is there something on my face? Did I say something wrong?" Zeratino was grinning and laughing, "HA! Your face, that went exactly as planned. I have successfully made you not sick anymore!" My eyes widened as I reached over to the bed stand to grab a thermometer. The one I was using just rested on my forehead for a couple of seconds. I then read the temperature, and I got 96.3 degrees Fahrenheit. "HOW?!" Xiphos smiled, "That, is a little something Zeratino learned from our mother and perfected on our travels. Too bad he just made the one flower." Zeratino turned around to look at Xiphos, "I thought you were fine and didn't need anything. Or were you just making fun of me?" I got out of bed and stretched, "He was just messing with you Zerry. Although since I'm feeling better, now we can all go to the Atlantis ball in a couple of days" Xiphos and Zeratino both looked at each other and said at the same time, "Fuck." I was again confused about what was happening. "Is there something I'm missing?" Xiphos sighed, "We still don't have outfits. Zeratino needs to do his day in the human realm with Xo and Bryan. You and I need to get back to our house and grab the stuff that we used for the museum exhibit opening." Zeratino got up and stretched, he then made a fist with one hand and slammed it into the palm of the other. "Well then, WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR?! Let's have a bit of fun." His mischievous grin appeared, along with the sparkle of mischief in his eyes. I knew we were about to have an interesting day out. Zeratino walked out of my cabin while Xiphos and I followed him. Xiphos wasn't walking beside me so I turned around to see him standing in the doorway of my cabin. His breath was shaky as he coughed. "Xiphos, are you alright?" Xiphos strained a nod and I could see how much it hurt. "Xiphos, I need to get your brother." As I walked away, Xiphos grabbed my wrist. "D-don't. This is one of the few times I get to see him relaxed and having fun. I'm probably just reacting to your sickness more than I thought." I looked in the direction Zeratino was in. During the timeframe Xiphos and I were talking, Xo showed up with Bryan. They were all talking with each other and I could see how happy Zeratino was. I looked back at Xiphos and sighed, "Alright. But if this gets worse, neither of us are going to Atlantis, deal?" He let go of my wrist and smiled, "Deal." As Xiphos walked toward Bryan, Xo, and Zeratino. I saw a glowing rune mark on the back of his neck that quickly disappeared. (Something's off. I don't think Xiphos got sick from me. Just who is pulling the strings here?)

??? POV:

HA! I didn't believe this would work so well. Kat getting sick was the perfect opportunity for me to mark him. Now, just a little bit longer. Then, all will be dead. And only silence will remain.