Chapter 6 : The 10 months

Xiphos POV:

It had been 2 days after brother's death and I was doing better. Kat found a house with a door for me. She leaves for some time during the day and while she's gone I go to brother's place to find stuff. So far I found Steve and when I ask if he was fine, his silence means a yes. I also found a bunch of my toys and Drannus's lava lamp. Ever since I was living with Kat she says that she's noticing that I was maturing more than when we were at camp. I am not sure what she means by that but I think it's a good thing. "Xiphos, I'm back." "Yaay. Hi Kat." "Hey Xiphos, you ready for school." "Yesss." And she's been teaching me lots of stuff. But today was different. 3 women came out of nowhere. They spoke weirdly and said that I couldn't stay how I was for any longer. Next thing I know Kat's looking at me in what she says is shock and when I look at myself I look human. But I still have my wings. "The Chaos Prophecy will start soon, when 3 guests come on a rainy day you will know." Chaos Prophecy, it sounded odd and familiar. But because I looked human I could go out maybe. But I needed to hide my wings and after a while I could hide them. "Good job Xiphos." I liked when Kat praised me. It made me feel good. Kat found me clothes and she found me what she called a plaid farmers shirt and jeans. With big boots as well. After a while of Kat teaching me modern human stuff and what I should do and such when we go out, I did very well with being in the human realm. Kat was happy so I was happy. I started to realize what Kat meant by mature because I thought differently than normal I noticed. Kat did too and she was surprised when I got over the fact that Steve was actually a dead bear.

4 months later - Kat's POV:

Xiphos after a few months of being in the human world ended up getting a job and everything. He even passes as a modern person so easily. If I didn't meet him last year I wouldn't have thought that he was a creature of Greek mythology if I had just met him. But those women, I think from what books I was able to find, they sounded like the fates. So 4 months ago I just met the fates. Isn't that nice. If you were to tell me last year that demigods and monsters existed, I would have either had a heart attack or I would have laughed. But when those fates came and said that there was a prophecy called the Chaos Prophecy I noticed that Xiphos was confused and it sounded like something from maybe before I met him. Like maybe when he was a servant of the apparent excuse of a god Hera. From what I heard she sounds like an excuse of a god. I somehow was able to get a job at a museum that studies Greek mythology because I had information about gods and who was who as well as new information about beings of ancient Greece like Xiphos and his brother. Thankfully that had given me more sources and I was able to find out more things about the past and what this "Chaos Prophecy" even is. It's apparently about children of Gaea that had mortal blood and were said that they would take the gods place in olympus to rule. It also said that if something were to happen to both of those children or the people that were said to help them along the way that their entire timeline would be destroyed. (So this is basically a prophecy that exists in every single timeline which means that every single timeline those children of Gaea are children of Gaea and if they are put into slumber and don't wake up or are wiped from existence everyone in that timeframe dies.) That's nice and by the looks of it we have some involvement in some way. I am worried about Xiphos though. After he found out what it was he started to become what I call a workaholic. Which is not good. But I noticed that he moves rocks sometimes and it's making me wonder, (Is he one of the children of Gaea? If so, is that why he's starting to overwork himself?) I always wondered, why did Hera put Xiphos and his brother through so much. I didn't know Zeratino before he was the Seductive Rose but even though he wasn't nice to me at all. I felt sorry for him. Although even though he said he wasn't good anymore, the fact that he protected Xiphos and there was the every once in a while that he would do a nice thing for me, there was a little bit of Zeratino left in the Seductive Rose I could tell. I mean he made me a kitchen out of thin air so that way I could cook things to live while there. Maybe he just did that because he didn't want Xiphos upset if I died but still, I didn't even ask and he did that. It makes me wonder if we may have been friends if I got to know him as Zeratino.

6 months later - Kat POV:

I just got back from a very hard and long day of work and finished the soup I was making for supper. (Being a museum tour guide is harder than I thought.) It didn't help that it was raining pretty hard today. I then heard knocks at the door. "Kat who's at the door." "I'll check." I opened the door and there were 3 people who all looked around my age drenched from the rain. The man in the middle looked like he hadn't left his teenager stage asked me, "Uh, are you Kat?" "Yes and how do you know my name." "We need to talk to Xiphos." The girl had said that and I took a guess that they were demigods. "Alright but first come in and stay here for a couple minutes so I can get you towels. (I wonder. The fates said that 3 people would come on a rainy day, are they what the fates had meant.) The man who had asked if I was Kat and the girl looked like they were siblings. The 3rd person looked pretty shocked and nervous when he saw me. He had stood out from the 3 with the blind fold and the elf-like ears. After I got them towels and let them dry off I called Xiphos into the room because it sounded like they knew him and I wanted to know why, but I am pretty sure that they wouldn't have left without seeing him. "Kat who was at the-'' Xiphos dropped his bowl of soup in surprise and it shattered into pieces. The pointed ear man got up and said the thing that made me understand why Xiphos was in so much shock. "H-hey, how has the human realm been treating you, brother."