Chapter 28 : Whole and Together

Zeratino POV:

(Alright then, not the first time I've been in a void filled with nothing except darkness and the voices of my guilt.) When I stepped into the circle, black cracks appeared, and Moros and Xiphos were surprised. I started falling a lot, then I landed, and it hurt. I got up and began to walk through the darkness. "This feels a lot like my nightmare from a week ago." As if I jinxed myself, the voices got louder, and I was in Hera's personal throne room. (Oh yeah, I forgot she wanted one of her own so she wasn't compared to Zeus. I guess the queen of Olympus still didn't get any respect. Not like she deserved any respect anyway, but still.) I was lost in thought, covered by the voices, remembering how much pain I felt in this place. I didn't even hear Skia walking up to me. "You remember how much pain exists here, don't you?" I turned around in surprise to see them. This time, I got a good look. They looked exactly like the Seductive Rose, but he was quite literally a shadow. Something was off though, "You seem less, sadistic from last time. Is something wrong?" He stared at the throne, it was decorated with wedding flowers. His eyes were full of regret and pain, (Something's definitely wrong.) Skia finally answered, "Something feels different; I feel different, and it hurts." I was still confused, but when I saw Skia, he used his left arm instead of his right to cast the spells he was using. (Something's off about him, he's not just a demon, is he?) I asked, "Skia, are you my reflection?" He seemed stunned that I asked him a different question than he may have expected. He slowly nodded yes. The voice started to quiet down. Skia looked at his right wrist, I noticed the same rune marks that were on my left wrist. "Skia. What if, we duplicate the bracelet that I have? Maybe you could feel better? And maybe we could be friends." He looked up from his wrist, his eyes gleaming. Before I knew it, I was in one of the largest hugs ever. I hugged him back, and a replica of my bracelet showed on Skia's right wrist. I heard him say "Thank you," and I suddenly felt something I hadn't felt in a long time, whole. The voices quickly silenced while the room distorted with vines overtaking the throne and the Rosadils bloomed. The scenery changed from the white marble of Olympus to the fields I explored with my brother, Xo, and Drannus. The Rosadils were everywhere, and the breeze was calm and sweet. I looked around, and instead of the Seductive Rose, Skia was me. I was 16, and he was 16. We were one and the same, through and to the end. When I moved my right arm, he moved his left. When I stepped back, he stepped back. Everything we did was always equal and opposite. It felt amazing, we shook each other's hands, both smiling. The breeze began to blow harder, but not so hard it was violent and angry. Skia faded into the breeze, and I was standing on the dock behind Xiphos and Moros. They were arguing (I have a feeling I should stop that.) I approached them and asked, "What's wrong?" They both jumped. "ZERRY!? Are you okay?" I laughed, "Okay, I'm not okay. I'm better than okay, I'M GREAT!" I smiled and Xiphos smiled with me. I heard the flap of wings and saw Drannus and Xo land in front of all three of us. I pushed past Moros and Xiphos, wrapping my arms around Drannus, and kissed him. Drannus seemed stunned but he seemed to like the affection. "Seems like Silver tongue and Rosey both succeeded, good thing the Atlantis ball is coming up. We need to celebrate." Said Xo, we all looked at each other and began to laugh. Elphis appeared and Moros walked towards her. "Seems like we've pushed them farther along the right path, correct sister?" Elphis looked at Moros and smiled, "We have, we have indeed brother."

Gaea POV:

Well done, young ones well done. You four will all be great, remember. When time moves forward, move forward with it. Towards the destiny that you forge, not what others forge for you. Always and forever.