Chapter 32 : Death takes it's hold

Kat POV:

Xiphos and I reached our house after hours of flying and I listened to him start to sound sicker than ever. Once I convinced Xiphos to grab some medicine inside the house, we went inside to grab our things. Xiphos went to the medicine cabinet in the kitchen and I hoped to god that once he was done he would remember to grab his suit and tie. I went to my room and opened my closet, and after a minute of searching, I finally found the dress I wore at the exhibit opening.  

After grabbing the dress, I put it in a bag along with some make-up and accessories

After grabbing the dress, I put it in a bag along with some make-up and accessories. Once I finished grabbing my stuff, I went to find Xiphos.  He wasn't in the kitchen, he wasn't in his room.  It took me five minutes to finally find him in the greenhouse with his back towards the door, but something was off. I didn't give any sign I was outside his door, I needed to figure him out before he figured me out. Even though I was human, after spending a summer with magic and demigods, I could feel auras. And Xiphos's aura felt, familiar, darker. "cough cough cough." Before I could move away from the door, Xiphos turned to face me. I nearly gasped, his arms were covered in runes, and I recognized those runes. They were on that version of Inpu that called himself the Norse book of the Dead. Xiphos's eyes were pure white and underneath them were more of the runes. (No wonder I recognized the aura. It's the book.) He didn't say or do anything, he just stared right at me. "X-Xiphos? C-can you hear me? Are you okay, what's going on?" Xiphos's eyes twitched, his right hand touched the right side of his head, and chains appeared on both of his arms. I couldn't move, I wanted to help him, I wanted to do something, yet I couldn't. Xiphos spoke in a voice that wasn't his own, "Prepare for your death human. Prepare for the end, it will come soon. As the Nordic book of the Dead, I keep my promises, so I promise you'll die. And if I wish to, it won't be by his hands. Or I may be tempted to keep you alive, you are quite interesting for a human." Xiphos shut his eyes and when he did that, the chains disappeared along with the runes. Xiphos opened his eyes and they were brown like normal. He looked confused, "Kat? Did you get your stuff? Also, why are you staring at me like that?" I shook my head and spoke, "Y-Yeah, I did. And no reason, I was just waiting for you. Did you get your stuff? And is the medicine helping?" Xiphos smiled and gave a thumbs up, "The medicine is doing great, and I have everything, so let's get going, " Xiphos picked up his stuff and I grabbed my own. Xiphos and I walked through the portal and he spoke about how excited he was for the ball. I smiled and nodded, but the only thing I could think about was a couple of the prophecy lines. Along with the threat that the book had given. (1 shackled with corrupt chains while 1 will save, Deaths reunite with 1 destroyed with Hope's flame. Oh god, I hope that fucking book will be the one destroyed. Otherwise, we're all damned and dead. I need to find Inpu or Xylo, they'll know what to do. Hopefully, they can help Xiphos, before this gets worse. Well, at least I now know what the hell was causing Xiphos's sickness.)