Chapter 40 (Part 3): A Purple Spot

TW: fighting/blood

☮️ Harry ☮️

I leaned against the driver's side door of my car, hands inside the long sleeves of my thermal while I attempted to ring Niall for the last time.

I cursed aloud when I reached his voicemail, figuring if he hadn't been woken up by now he was staying asleep.

I jumped back in my car and felt the warm embrace of the heater, hovering my phalanges in front of the vents to defrost them.

Now what?

I could call Liam, I thought, I don't really want to stay at Niall's, though.

I should've stayed with Louis. I'm not prepared to stay anywhere, I've got no spare clothes, phone charger, or anything. I literally left the house in a blind rage to get Zayn out of my sight.

I suddenly knew what to do.

I continued talking to myself as I drove. In my head, of course. I wasn't a madman quite yet.

Or are you?

Shut up.

So why are we on our way to Zayn's?

To apologize for the shitty attitude from earlier. I cant explain to him why I was an asshole yet, but I'm sure once he talks to Louis he will understand.

Right, Louis. The reason you were so upset. Cause they were talking and you didn't like it.

No, no. I talked to Louis. He said he hadn't talked to him. Zayn has been talking to someone else.

Sure, yeah. It's not like you can tell when Louis is lying, or anything.

I can, actually.

So you know he's been talking to Zayn.

He wouldn't lie to me.

He just did.

Why would he lie? He said he was done lying.

He said he's done lying about the past. This seems like something he's doing now in the present. It sounds worse than just talking, too.

No.

You can keep trying to lie to yourself. But you know.

Yes. I know.

Then I ask again. Why are we on our way to Zayn's?

To catch them.

I pulled up to the steps where just days before I'd seen Zayn's then-girlfriend almost go ape shit on me. I'll admit, not seeing Louis' car almost made me turn around but momentum is a bitch sometimes.

Leaving my car on, I skipped to the door and placed three unalarming raps.

Had he not opened the door with a smile I wouldn't have seen the subtle change of facial expression where he showed he was definitely waiting for someone and that it was definitely not me.

And maybe I wouldn't have done what I did.

I launched at him, pushing him up against the wall by his neck.

What the hell am I doing? I have no proof.

"I don't know why he keeps coming back to you," I hissed, glaring into his infuriatingly amused eyes.

He was smiling.

Thats all the proof I need.

I swung my fist to his chin, knocking him to the ground. He laughed and looked up. "Perhaps you weren't satisfying him the way I do."