Chapter 36: Clap, Clap, Clap

Louis' leg bounced uncontrollably, catching the attention of the bulldog-faced man to his right. He smiled weakly and tried containing his leg while the man to his left groaned, standing from the couch and continuing to the kitchen.

Louis wished he knew how long he'd been there, much more so how long he still had to wait.

After making his way to Zayn's after leaving Liam's, the pair headed to Zayn's "acquaintance", as he called him, to pick up the coke Zayn had talked about in his text.

Upon arrival, the two were asked to empty their pockets on the table and Louis was asked to wait in the living room while Zayn was led to a separate room in the back.

Just as Bulldog-Face was going to comment on Louis' shaky limbs, the door to the room opened and Zayn walked out first, throwing a duffel bag over his shoulder followed by two more men. They stopped at the kitchen, shared a smile, then Zayn picked up his and Louis' belongings.

"Let's go, mate," he grinned, making a stop at the fridge first to grab a beer before exiting.

Outside, Louis bambarded Zayn with questions.

"Did you buy it or do we have to pay it back? Do they have, like, a library of coke keys? Did they threaten you? Do they sell other-"

"Lou," Zayn laughed, throwing the duffel bag in the back seat. "Get in the fucking car."

Louis rolled his eyes but agreed. He had just clicked his seatbelt when Zayn sat in the drivers seat, popped open the beer bottle and took a swig, burping with a sniffle.

"You know, you shouldn't drink and drive. Not just for my safety but other innocent-"

"Its not to get drunk. Honest." He proved his point by rolling his window down and pouring most of the bottles content. "Its just for the taste."

Louis kept his smile to himself, reaching toward the bottle to take a drink as well.

"Nope!" Zayn exclaimed as he smacked Louis' hand away. "You can't have any."

"The fuck - why not?" He huffed.

"Don't worry about it. To answer your questions; yes, I bought the amount in full so if we give out free samples it comes out of my own pocket and I don't have to worry about coming up short. No, just a huge safe behind one of the beds and again, no, I didn't pose any threat so neither did they."

Louis took in Zayn's words carefully, never having done anything like this before. "Will we make more coke runs?"

"Depends on how good the response is from the consumers." Zayn sniffed, clearing his throat and blinking hard.

He shrugged, knowing that dealing with the people was Zayn's thing. "How fast are you going?"

Zayn laughed. "I dunno, I can't even see shapes as I drive past them."

"Zee, slow down-" Louis pleaded.

"Wee, Zee, wee!" Zayn chanted, pushing the car even faster.

"Shit, was that a cop?" Louis sat up in his seat to turn back. The highway patrol officer was driving on the opposite side.

Just as he thought he was going to keep driving away, the vehicle came to a stop and made a U-turn.

"Fucking Zayn, he's coming up behind us!" He reached for the open beer bottle on the cupholder near the dashboard but Zayn stopped him and pulled his hand away.