Chapter 26: A Happy Smile

Louis and Stan stood outside the closed school library, waiting for Louis' mum to pick them up. They'd been paired up for a school project on the second World War and after seeing the library was closed for the day, they decided to go to Louis' for lunch.

"Out of the leaders I think Stalin was the worst-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there, Stan," Louis laughed, swinging his backpack over his shoulder and flipping his hair out of his face. "Mussolini was quite possibly the lowest scum of them all."

Stan's gaze wandered beyond Louis, to an incoming figure. Louis turned to look at the most beautiful brown eyes he'd ever seen. "Hello," the girl said, pushing a chunk of blonde hair behind her ear.

"I don't know who you are, and I know all of Stan's friends," She smiled, making Louis' heart jump.

"I'm Diana."

╚Louisð╝

"You've got to admit, your introduction was pretty uncalled for."

Diana smacked my shoulder, laughing as I flinched away towards the sidewalk. "You didn't have to stand there like an idiot until Stan spoke for you."

"I was taken back by your appearance. I liked your blonde hair," I pointed out, seeing her take a few strands of her dyed brown hair between her fingers before letting them fly back due to the wind. "Why did you approach us that day? I know damn well you wouldn't talk like that to any stranger who was talking to Stan."

She walked between parked cars to make her way to the sidewalk. "You want the truth?"

I stopped. "I want nothing less."

"Your arse." She kept walking.

"Excuse me?" I skipped to keep up with her. "My what?"

"It was unlike any I'd ever seen on a boy," She smiled, looking at the ground. "I wondered how it would look bare and, well-" She stopped, letting me take a step in front of her so she could have a perfect view of my behind.

I stopped and glared at her, motioning for her to keep walking with my hands. She continued past me with a smirk, turning right at the following corner.

I frowned. "We're going to your school?" I recognized the building where I waited for her the first day I came here. She turned her head to nod at me, skipping up the steps and looking around. She reached into her pockets and pulled out a metal probe along with a sharpened nail file. "We're sneaking into your school."

She giggled and walked around the main building, passing through the corridors before stopping outside the building that read Music 110.

I stuffed my hands in my jacket pockets, looking around for anyone that might be nearby. "I assume you've done this before?"

"Yup," she replied, eyes on the lock in front of her. She was on one knee and was picking the lock with the probe and nail file. "I sneaked in to the English room to steal the test with a classmate of mine. All the locks are the same." In front of her the lock clicked open. She twisted the knob and opened the door.

The light flickered on as she took a step in. It was a small room but everything inside it caught my attention. The locked closets were labeled as to what instruments were inside, a few acoustic and electric guitars were on stands near the back of the class and I spotted a drum hidden behind a few chairs.

What caught my attention was the piano.

I immediately walked toward it, not hearing anything Diana was saying since she'd gotten the door open. I sat down and pulled back the wooden cover on the keys, gliding my hand over each one before pressing the last one down. Diana's small body scooted mine to the side to allow her to sit down with me on the stool. I turned my head to her, taking in her smile and bright brown eyes.