Chapter 33: Snap Out Of It

The floor trembled intensely, lightly tickling the toes of the barefoot dancing girls. The drinks in their hands wrinkled in rings as the loud music vibrated through the house.

Zayn exited the kitchen, carefully pouring Jagermeister into a plastic red cup as he walked, finding the person it belonged to and smiling as it left his fingertips.

Louis downed the contents in the red cup, exhaling when he finished and crushing the cup between his two hands. "Woo!" He cheered, pulling the half empty bottle from Zayn's hand and pouring the liquid into his lips.

"Calm down, mate." He snatched the bottle back, making Louis frown. "You can't stay over tonight, I'm going out with my mum tomorrow morning, she can't come in to see you passed out on the couch."

"You know I pass out in the upstairs bathroom."

Zayn laughed, pulling his friend in an embrace. "You're an idiot. What are we-"

"It's you're, with an apostrophe."

"Louis, what the fuck."

He kept a lazy arm around the smaller boy's shoulders, handing the bottle to a random by passer. "What are we doing for our birthdays this year, Z?"

Zayn shrugged, pulling back and walking to sit at the bottom of the stairs. "I was gonna ask you the same thing."

Louis followed him, widening his tired eyes and relaxing them as he found his seat a step under Zayn. "We should do something crazy."

"You never want to do crazy things. We'll probably end up doing something simple like bowling."

"We went bowling last year, we can't do that this year."

"You're right, and this year we can't even invite Liam," Zayn thought he whispered, blurting it out loud enough for Louis to hear beside him.

Louis blushed, looking at his hands. As his vision blurred in front of him, he sunk his head involuntarily, picking it back up. He was suddenly dizzy, eyes crossing and throat closing.

"Are you alright, Lou?"

"I-I-sh-it-," He put his hands to his lips, stopping the vomit that was trickling out.

Zayn cursed, thinking on impulse as he threw off his shirt and put it to Louis' face. Louis clutched the shirt, gagging into it and releasing the alcohol that troubled his stomach. He coughed spit the last of the puke into Zayn's shirt, wiping his mouth with a dry spot and sighing.

Louis attempted to give the shirt back to Zayn, causing him to laugh loudly. "Keep it. Let's get you cleaned up."

They followed the steps up to Zayn's room, Louis holding the vomit soaked shirt against his own. "Can I borrow a shirt?"

Zayn nodded, opening the door and walking to the window. He pushed it open and looked down, dumpster directly below wide open. "Dump it down there."

Louis disposed of the shirt in his hands, "I'm sorry. I really liked that shirt on you."

"Now yours."

He shook his head. "I like this shirt."

"Shirt into the dumpster, now."

He removed his shirt, throwing it out the window after Zayn's. "That's my favorite shirt," he continued, following Zayn to the bathroom.

He picked a hand towel from the cabinet above the toilet, moistening it with running water and handing it to Louis. "Wipe your chest and anywhere else you see is dirty."