Chapter 17: Something Great

Car keys sat heavy in my jeans pocket, digging at my skin as I walked to fling the front door open and stepped into the cold night air. Home was the last place I wanted to be. I heard Gemma calling behind me and I only mumbled inaudible to her that I was going out.

I knew it wasn't a good idea to hang up on Ashton but I guess I'm not known to make good decisions lately.

Ash is leaving. Ash-my Ash-was going away. I didn't know for how long, I didn't know what he was going back for and I didn't know why it upset me so much. It was so easy for me to decide I was done with this place and everyone in it-I was ready to leave, but when the roles were switched, my inner child surfaced and threw a fit. I couldn't call back. Not until I'd calmed down and was able to hear him out properly.

What could be the best way to relieve stress and calm down?

I didn't stall on my way to Diana's this time. I could almost smell her scented body wash as I'd take her shirt off, caressing the small of her back kissing down her neck. I could feel my fingertips tracing her sides, pulling at the hem of her boxers-

A red light halted my car abruptly. I scratched my chin and groaned, turning on my radio to prevent my mind from wandering again.

There's so much sad gonna flood the ocean
With all the tears from a world that's broken

Together We Cry

Fuck the radio.

"Hi," Diana smiled, her brown eyes reflecting the moonlight above. She was beautiful, truly a work for someone to treasure. I wasn't a collector, I only knew how to discard and start again. Her gaze wandered behind me. "Is Louis with you?"

I shook my head. "No, just me." I looked at the floor and joined my hands behind my back, switching between my heels and toes before continuing. "May I come in?"

I followed her to the kitchen, watching as she placed two glasses on the table and held up a heavy bottle of pineapple juice in one hand and apple juice in the other. "I ran out of wine yesterday waiting for your call. Pick a flavour."

"Orange."

"You tit."

I walked over to her and took the pineapple juice from her hands with a smirk and turned to pour it into the glass. I felt her delicate hands wrap themselves around my torso and her small nose nudge my back. "I missed you." Shit.

I let out an awkward laugh and turned to face her, hugging her back to avoid eye contact. I turned halfway to get the glass from the table and began drinking, looking at her through the clear bottom of the cup. Her hands fell from my sides and turned back to the cabinet to put away the juices.

Using this as a distraction, I made my way to the couch across from her T.V. and gathered what I was gonna say in my head. Hey, I'm leaving to the US, how about we get drunk and sleep together again before I go?

Her footsteps trailed behind me and she sat beside me, sitting on her leg at an angle to look at me. Her gaze made me uncomfortable, it looked as if she just knew everything I did and was getting ready to tell me off. "So, he send the money for the PlayStation with you?"

"Excuse me?"

"Well I figured since you didn't bring the T.V. that you'd brought the PlayStation back. I see you're absent of both which is why I ask, did Louis give you money to be able to keep the PlayStation?"

Fuck. The PlayStation. "I-umm, forgot the PlayStation at Louis'."

She was scowling now. "What the fuck were you doing over there that made you forget the PlayStation?"