Chapter 35: Never Again

Trigger warning: Some scenes in this chapter may upset some viewers. This chapter discusses the topic of death. Please beware of your safety while reading.

"You only call me when its half-past-five.
The only time that I'd be by-your-side-" Louis sang into his empty car, high pitches making him close his eyes as he drove.

His phone chirped, signaling he received a message from Zayn. Putting his singing on hold, he read it to himself: I need your help for tonight, man.

He came to a stoplight, taking the opportunity to reply: what up

His attention focused back on the road. He was sure Zayn wouldn't need him until much later that night, as it was nearing only 6pm.

He was on his way to Liam's, who he'd spoken to earlier about his friend from Mullingar finally joining them at his home. They'd talked weeks before about this lad, Niall, who would be working with Liam's family at the photo development business.

"What about Zayn meeting Niall?" Louis recalled asking Liam earlier that day on the phone.

"I wouldn't wanna scare Niall away. You know how Zayn is," was all he replied with.

It took Zayn too long to reply to his own conversation, Louis thought, so he stopped paying attention to his phone.