Chapter 37: The Larry Stylinson Files

✝Harry✝

He's not breathing.

"Hey, hey," I began, kneeling in front of him to get his full attention. "Put your arms up, like this."

I raised my arms over my head and inhaled through my nose.

Before I exhaled, I made sure he was doing it with me.

Which, he wasn't.

"Wh-what f-for?" He gasped, trying to stand on his feet.

"No, no. Stay down, love." I took a hold of his hands and brought them above his head. "Breathe in through your nose."

He wasn't having it.

He wiggled out of my grasp, jerking his arms away trying to mutter curses at me.

"You can't talk shit to me without any air in your lungs," I snapped, holding his wrists again.

He desperately tried to stand up, even trying to kick me.

"Okay, none of that." I sat him down and brought his arms up. "Sit down. Shut up. Arms over your head. Now breathe."

I saw the fight give up in his eyes.

Inhale. Exhale.

"That's it, in and out."

Inhale. Exhale. He closed his eyes and relaxed his breathing, chest expanding and going back to normal with every exhale.

"Focus on my voice and your breathing. Having your arms above your head opens up your lungs. Do you understand you're having a panic attack?"

He nodded, eyes still closed.

"Good. Did you have a night scare?"

He shook his head, eyebrows coming together painfully.

Through whatever was going on in his head, his breathing never faltered.

"That's alright, in-" I inhaled with him. "-and out."

I watched him exhale and inhale right after.

"You're doing wonderful and you're almost through it. Just a few more."

I held my arms up with him, sitting cross-legged opposite him on the floor.

"Now count down from ten with me, won't you, darling?"

He swallowed hard, then nodded. He kept his eyes shut as I started the count.

"Ten."

He took a deep breath. "Nine."

I smiled. He can talk. "Eight."

"Seven."

I lowered my arms. "Six."

"Five."

"You can lower your arms now. Four."

He sighed as he brought his arms to his lap. "Three."

"Two."

He opened his eyes. "One."

I took a breath and stood up, giving him some room in case he needed it. I made my way to his bed and looked over at him before I sat down.

He still sat on the floor, now looking sadly at his hands on his lap.

"H?"

"Yes, Louis."

"My mum died."

"I know, Lou."