Chapter 25: I Hope It Is

╚Louis♥♦♣♠╝

Knock, knock.

The laptop should be closing by now. Feet draped over the bed, sliding into flats near the bedside table.

Knock, knock.

Lazy footsteps trail a bit quicker from the bedroom, past the bathroom, through the kitchen and finally-

The door opened in front of me. "Louis."

I smiled politely and raised the box in my hands. "Just like you asked."

She stepped aside and held the door open. "Right, come in."

I walked straight towards the t.v., setting the box in front of me on the floor and beginning to take out the cables I needed to connect it. "So," I began, bringing the t.v. out to make it easier to see the outlets behind it. "we're right back where we started."

She'd gone to the kitchen and had returned with a bowl of popcorn, sitting down in the middle of the living room with her legs crossed and watching me setup the PlayStation. "You know, none of this was my idea."

I turned to glare at her, taking in her smirk and reaching out to take a couple puffs from the bowl. "Like you actually believed I'd trade in my giant telly."

She laughed and threw a handful of popcorn at me. "I know you'd consider it to play precious games."

I looked at the ceiling playfully. "I'd give anything."

She frowned, shuffling to her knees and scooting forward. "You're doing it wrong."

"I'm sure out of the two of us I would know," I huffed, connecting the plug to the wall.

"No," she insisted, disconnecting the plug from the outlet and pulling the cables out of the t.v.. "The yellow is first, followed by white and finally red."

"I know the yellow is first," I said, taking it from her hand and plugging it in. "but the red is after the yellow and the white is last."

"Louis," she snapped, "The plugs are color coded for a reason. The same color is inside the plug you can see from here that the red is the last one."

"Diana," I snapped back, disconnecting the last two plugs and putting them the way I wanted them. "This is right."

"It's not."

"Wanna bet?"

"I don't think I want to take your money right now."

"No, I mean bet something else." I gestured for her to back up so I could return the t.v. to it's original state. "If it works the way I say it does, I can take it home."

"You're insane." Without giving me a second to complete the wages, she clicked the power button. Static took over the screen, along with loud cackles from Diana. "On second thought, I will take your money."

"Very funny." I pulled back the t.v. and reconnected the appropriate cables as the opening design came on. "Well, it's setup. Have fun watching movies on it since you still don't have games."

She shrugged. "I don't like football anyway."

I shook my head, standing up. "This thing is gonna rot without playing games." I took the empty box in my hands and turned the power off. "Well I suppose I'll get going then."

"So soon? I thought we'd talk for a bit before you left."

I raised an eyebrow. "Why?" Her expression saddened quickly. "I mean, we haven't talked, like really talked, since we broke up. I figured there wasn't anything to talk about. You have the PlayStation now."