𝑬𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑹𝒐𝒂𝒅

𝑺𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 22𝒏𝒅
11:30𝒑𝒎
𝑰𝒗𝒚

𝑺𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 22𝒏𝒅11:30𝒑𝒎𝑰𝒗𝒚

Glares. That's what she received walking into the locker room on her day back. She glanced at them with a shy smile before making a speedy trip to her locker. Putting in the code she felt like she was being watched and she was. All of the girls had their eyes trained on her and what she was doing. They whispered and muttered on the sly.

She opened the locker, gasping at the pack of condoms hanging from the top hook and the pictures of Beyoncé and herself adorning the walls.

"Such a shame." Megan snorted. Her hand went to Onika's shoulder making her turn. The shorter girl looked at her hand then her face. "Fucking the boss? I mean, that's low. Especially for you." She laughed loudly and so did the others.

The jet's face burned red. She was stuck. No words fell from her mouth just an embarrassed whimper. She felt like dying. Everyone was looking at her in disgust, she had no one on her side. She was out numbered tonight. "Awe y'all, don't make her cry." Megan teased.

"You're such a child, Meg. Grow the fuck up." She grits.

"It's not my fault that you went against what you preach."

Onika slapped the taller girls hand off and pushed her. "What are you even talking about?" She pressed. Her heart was beating heavily in her chest. She felt so claustrophobic.

"We don't fuck for money. Respect your body, don't give it away for an award. BK only watches your shows, it's obvious you get paid the most by the stacks I see her put in your cut. I caught you leaving her office a couple days back." She began. The other girls shook their heads in disbelief. "Then the photos. You don't deserve the praise you get for real. You know that too."

Looking down, Onika frowned at herself. Maybe Megan was right. She said all of those things years ago to uplift the people she spent almost every night with. The only thing that wasn't true was the part about the money. "I never did it for cash. I did it to prove a point."

Megan turned her nose up at the shorter woman and scoffed. "And what point was that? You might be a good dancer but you not a good person. Whatever title you had around here is revoked. You might as well go." She whispered the last part near Onika's ear making her frown deepen.

She grabbed her things, slamming the locker shut, and finally she ran out. Bumping into Rico on her way out, the younger girl looked up in confusion. "Nicki, what's wrong? Are you okay?"

The jet couldn't get words out. She felt like everything was crumbling around her and the only thing she could do was apologize and run. She was embarrassed.

Once she realized she was outside she stopped. Her chest ached from how fast her heart had been beating and she couldn't catch her breath. She was panicking, she never felt so disgusted in herself than now. The way they stared at her made every negative thought she had come back and take over her mind.