𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆 | 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐩𝐭. 1

𝑵𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 27𝒕𝒉
9:40𝒂𝒎
𝑴𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕 𝑺𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒊 𝑯𝒐𝒔𝒑𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒍, 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒍𝒚𝒏, 𝑵𝒀

𝑵𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 27𝒕𝒉9:40𝒂𝒎𝑴𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕 𝑺𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒊 𝑯𝒐𝒔𝒑𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒍, 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒍𝒚𝒏, 𝑵𝒀

Critical condition.

For a mother to hear that her precious child is in critical condition had to have been the hardest possible thing to overcome in the span of one night.

The older woman stood over her daughter's bruised and sickly looking body. The blonde laid peacefully in her half-dead state. A mask over her pale face to help her breathe. Her arms, bandaged and wired to machines that are helping her stay alive.

Her mother frowned, brushing back her child's unruly curls and sighing in defeat.

"I thought you were going to be the death of me... you keep getting yourself in these situations but I understand why," she leaned down the best she could and placed a loving kiss on the girl's head. "You're stubborn like your Momma. Always wanna help somebody. Especially family."

She watched a tear stream from the child's eye. Her green ones witnessing it fall and seep into her dry skin. "I know you don't want me here. You don't want me nowhere close to where you handle your shit but I had to see if I you were okay."

The woman placed her hand on the blonde's chest, feeling the sensation of her slow heart beats. "All you need to do is stay alive. Especially after they done took my blood to save you."

The younger woman's eyes twitched and her heart beat a bit faster.

"I know, I know. Calm down. I know you wanna get up, and move, and see the world again... see your family again, but you need to take your time. Onika and Ezra are in good hands. They couldn't be here today, I'm sorry for that but her reasoning is well supported. I'm sure you'd understand why as well."

The older woman took a seat by the hospital bed, taking hold of Beyoncé's hand and bringing it to her lips. "When you wake up, you need to stay strong. Read from that damn bible and hold your head high. Don't let them take away your faith in freedom because believe me, wherever they make you go you won't be there long."

Beyoncé reacted by squeezing her mother's hand, like a cry for help. Tina hummed, "let 'em know who BK is. I believe in you baby. We all believe in you."
__________________________________

It took weeks for her concussion to subside. She awoke on December eighth, Onika's birthday. Sad to not see her girl and their beautiful child. Upset that she was still stuck to the bed.

Beyoncé was still unable to fully function but now she was aware. She cried for nights at Robyn's mention of Onika cutting all contact from everyone. Her family included. No sign of her nor Ezra since Beyoncé's hospitalization.

She had to teach herself to get over it as soon as she was able to do physical therapy. She'd gotten herself together in the span of a year and a half. Ignoring the fact that she missed her son's first and second birthday.