𝑵𝒐 𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑲𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔

𝑵𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 20𝒕𝒉
2:45 𝒑𝒎
𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒍'𝒔 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆

Maybe it was my family who instilled this fear of them and what they had to say

Maybe it was my family who instilled this fear of them and what they had to say. Or seeing my brother and saying that he was right. Or even the possibility of my mother embarrassing me in front of everyone I'm related to. Whatever it was, it had me sitting in the driveway of my mother's house and staring at it.

Not a bone in my body wanted to go in there. Not a muscle wanted to move. I just frowned deeply at my the sight of family walking in and out, the guys on the porch, and the reggae, dancehall, soca, and hip hop music flowing from the house.

"Here we go." I released a breath and grabbed my bag before exiting and locking my car. As soon as I stepped out I heard my name being called. Should've stayed my ass in the car. "Nika!" I turned around and smiled at Lauren before gushing at the little bundle of joy she was holding. "Is that my nephew?" I hugged her and smiled at her baby boy.

"His name's Kameron." She said softly. Lauren and I aren't close but we've had our bonding, sisterly moments. She fits perfectly into the role of a mother. I'm more than happy for her.

"He looks just like his goofy ass father."

"Unfortunately." She laughed. We walked up to the porch where some of my cousins were. I wasn't the only one who came down her for so good food. "What's good, Nic?" The main one asked, nodding his head at me. These niggas smelt like ten pounds of weed. I don't know why it smells so bad to me now. It's too much and it makes me want to throw up so I back away a little bit. "I'm good, Marcus. Hey y'all. What I missed?"

"Nothin' much. Romeo back in jail, mama tryna pay his bail an' shit. That's about it. What about you? Livin' that top secret life." He asked, I just smiled. I'm not telling them shit because I know they already know. Wayne's a fucking snitch. My cousins just want me to confirm so they can pull up on Bey and light her shit up. I'm used to it. They almost did it to Kyla years back and this one nigga who liked me a little too much way back when. "I been chillin'. Living my life while I still got it." I told them.

He nodded. "You turning green, Oni." Another one added. I felt it.

"It's 'cause you niggas stink."

"Mmcht, move lil girl. The rest of the family inside. Have fun." We walk past them quickly, Lauren covering the baby's face with the blanket. I should cuss them out for even having weed near my momma's house. Fuck ass cousins.

I spent most of my time with Lauren since my mother was in the kitchen with my aunts. I refused to go in there and be judged by four women at the same time. So, I said hi to everyone else. I spot my little sister hanging out by myself and instantly I smiled. I missed that big headed little girl. I don't visit much so we barely see each other. We text every once in a while but she's sixteen now and doesn't really speak to anyone anyway.