𝑲𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒍𝒆𝒔

𝑱𝒖𝒍𝒚 4𝒕𝒉
11:15𝒂𝒎
𝑴𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒘'𝒔 𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 (𝑼𝒑𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝑵𝒆𝒘 𝒀𝒐𝒓𝒌)

𝑱𝒖𝒍𝒚 4𝒕𝒉11:15𝒂𝒎𝑴𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒘'𝒔 𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 (𝑼𝒑𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝑵𝒆𝒘 𝒀𝒐𝒓𝒌)

Onika sat in silence. She'd finally gotten Ezra to sleep before Matthew got home. If she didn't, his anger for the crying infant would be taken out on her.

She couldn't believe how much her life had taken a turn for the worse. Onika was trying to keep a strong mindset against Matthew's abusive nature. She cooked and cleaned, laid out his clothes, and sent him off every morning since she agreed to his terms.

She came to the realization that all this man wanted was a wife, or possibly to start over.

It was going her way as of now. She knows what he wants from her but she can't provide that to him due to the fact that she was still healing from giving birth, along with her great distaste for the older man. He'd touch her in ways that only Beyoncé had. It disgusted her to the max when he had his hands all over her.

Although, she kept her feelings to herself so he wouldn't hurt Beyoncé anymore.

When she got the chance, Onika was able to sneak Dow to the basement and feed Beyoncé some of her leftover food. She wasn't going to let her starve or be dehydrated if she had the chance to slowly nurse her.

"Onika!" She jumped, climbing over to check on the sleeping infant and sighing in relief, grateful he hadn't woken up. She got off the bed, making her way downstairs and silently set up his end of the table, placing his freshly made plate of dinner down.

Matthew smiled at her, kissing her cheek then sitting down, pulling her down onto his lap. Uncomfortable was an understatement for how she felt in that moment. She knew she wouldn't be able to get out of his hold, so she didn't fight back. As much as she wanted to, she didn't want her family's lives to be at risk. She was already walking on thin ice with the man, she didn't want to test the waters just yet.

"Did you get my grandson to sleep like I'd asked you?" He asked, eating his food while stroking her hair.

"Y-yes," Onika replied, her voice was quiet yet he could still hear her. "He shouldn't be a bother for the next two hours or so. Is there anything else you want me to do?"

She tensed when his hand landed on the small of her back. "Eat with me." He told her. Onika just nodded, getting up quickly to fix herself a plate. She sat down next to him, taking small bite of food since her appetite was close to nonexistent.

"Onika, I want you to understand that when the time comes, she will be gone." She glanced at him, eyes watering at the mention of him killing the love of her life. It had been eating her since she found out the older girl had been taken but day after day she realized they were only getting closer to him killing her.

"You promised me..." Her voice cracked, the noise of her pushing out her chair made him look at her, grabbing her harshly and forcing her to stay seated. "Act accordingly before you get the same treatment as that beast in my basement."