𝑩𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝑴𝒂𝒎𝒂

𝑭𝒆𝒃𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒚 2𝒏𝒅
3:34𝒑𝒎
𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒍'𝒔 𝑯𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆

𝑭𝒆𝒃𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒚 2𝒏𝒅3:34𝒑𝒎𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒍'𝒔 𝑯𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆

"Hey niece." Ari kissed my bump before smiling at me. She thinks my baby is a girl but I really want a boy. I'm fine with either but it'd rather a boy over anything. Seeing Lauren and Kameron really settled that for me. "Hi best friend."

"Hey boo, what's got you so happy?" I asked, stacking some of the diapers and wipes in the drawer. Mommy had my cousins set up the nursery a couple days ago so I was just putting some things away before I became too big to even get out of bed. "Well, I got a call this morning and I'm heading out to California next weekend."

I turned back to face her and rose my brow. "You got a call from who? Why you leaving me?"

"Kendrick. He called me to apologize for leaving and not keeping in contact. He just needed to get his head clear from all of the Beyoncé stuff. Said it brought back some painful memories." She explained. I hummed. Bey had said something similar that night in the car. Something about trauma and past experiences. I wonder what they've been through. Beyoncé never told me anything about her past. Just that she's really close with her mother and brother for a reason. "I hope he feels better. I know what happened affected us all negatively."

"Yeah, speaking of, have you spoken to Beyoncé recently?"

"She's bringing me to my appointment today. We're still trying this friendship/being cordial thing. It's working so far but sometimes I catch myself slip and she does the same. Neither of us are used to it." I shrugged.

Beyoncé and I will always have those feelings for each other and that's clear to me, but I'm happy we're taking the time to move on from each other because I wouldn't want us to be in such a toxic place when our child is born.

So I've been taking my time with her. I'm being patient and keeping my hopes up for all of this to become a good thing. I want it to be a good thing. I don't want to regret anything. I don't think I will.

"I'm trying to let those hard feelings go just a little bit for you and that baby. I don't like Beyoncé but if she's willing to get the help that she needs, I'll be there."

"Thank you, booty." I smiled at her then hugged her tightly. I love my best friend.

"No problem, gorgeous. I'ma go to the store to buy some new shit with the money King sent me. I'll get some stuff for you and the baby so I'll see you later." Ari kisses my cheek before leaving. I put the little hats away and picked one up. I mean, just the thought of being pregnant was enough to really let life hit me, but I know the reality of when I have this baby will be so different for me. I know what I'm going to do with myself. I'm not dancing anymore, especially when my child is born. It's time to put that behind me. I have a degree in psychology, all I'd need is the start.

I don't want to depend on the people around me. I'm set for a little while so I can provide for us until I get a new job. I know Beyoncé's going to trip out when I tell her because she has it set in her mind that she'll be the provider and all I'd need to do is call but that wouldn't feel right.