Chapter 16

"It was him. He looked right at me like he didn't know me." Althea heard Steve saying from beside her. She was in a alot of pain. The only thing is keeping her alive is her powers.

"Yeah, What part of him trying to kill doesn't indicate that!" She exclaimed at him. She was already in alot of pain and he is pissing her off.

Sam shot her a glare. "Stop talking. You have to save your breath." Sam said to her and turned to Steve who still haven't realized that she was shot and bleeding out beside him. "How is that even possible? It was like 70 years ago." Sam asked from opposite of her.

Althea could see that Natasha wasn't looking that great either. "Zola. Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43. Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him and.." Steve started but got cut off by Natasha.

"None of that was your fault Steve." She heard Natasha saying which she agreed on. It wasn't his fault. "Even when I had nothing I had Bucky." Steve said which made her let out a sigh. She understood what he must be feeling now to lose his best friend and finding out that he's been working for an organisation that he died destroying. "Hey we need a doctor here." Sam noticing both of the girl wasn't looking that great.

"If we don't put pressure on both of their wounds, both of them are gonna bleed out here in the truck." Sam said but the Agent lifted an electric baton threateningly against Sam who backed off. "You were shot." She  heard Steve saying and looking at her.

"Thanks for finally noticing." Althea said and let out a chuckle which caused her to cough out blood. Suddenly the other agent there was there use the electric baton and electrocuted the the other and punched him in the face.

"Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain." She saw Agent Hill saying taking out her helmet. She let out a chuckle thinking she was hallucinating. "It's weird I never thought I would die hallucinating Maria's face."

"You're not hallucinating Althea." Maria said and turned to Sam. "Who is this guy?" Maria asked them. "Maria Samuel Wilson. Sam Maria Hill." Althea introduced them and started coughing blood. "Althea stop talking!" Steve snapped at her.

Steve was carrying her out of the van as they walked in to a cave. "GSW to the abdomen."Althea heard Maria saying to someone. She felt Steve lowering her into a Gurney. She  could feel herself slipping away. She was tempted to let go.

"Thea don't do this to me." She heard someone saying and kissed her temple. She managed to smile at them she didn't know who it was.

"Where am I?" Althea asked herself as she looked around. She was in a forest. She was surrounded by beautiful trees and she saw a lake ahead of her. She walk towards the lake and recognised it.

She has been here before with her father. She looked around She saw her younger self running around catching a butterfly she let out a chuckle seeing her younger selfs messy and mud covered blonde hair.

"Althea!" She heard someone call her. She saw as her father came and lifted her up into his arms. "We must make haste Althea. Your mother would not be happy to see you covered in mud." Her father said to her younger self.

"Just a while more father." Young Althea said and jumped out of his arms and started running. She knew what would happen next. She remembers this day. Althea saw as her younger self nearly got trip by a rock and fell in to the lake but was caught by her father who lifted her up again in to his arms.

Young Althea hugged her father as tight as she could. She was scared. "It's fine Althea. You do not need to be frightened." Her father calmly said to young Althea. "Will you always be there to protect me if I m in danger?" Young Althea asked as she wiped her tears away.