Chapter 28

Althea was standing in her old room in the Avengers tower and staring at herself in the mirror. They were about to go and retrieve Loki's sceptre. Althea felt incredibly guilty for what she did. She didn't know what to do now.

She took a deep breath and pushed it all down knowing her team needs her now.  Althea heard someone knocking on her door. "Come in." She said and strapped her gun and her daggers in to the holsters.

"Hey Thea." A familiar voice greeted her which made her smile. Althea turned and hugged Natasha who hugged her back just as tight as she was holding her. "I missed you." She said to her as she pulled away.

"I missed you too." Natasha said and cupped her cheek. "I heard about what happened to your mother. I m sorry Thea." Natasha said giving Althea a sympathetic look. "It's fine Nat." She brushed her off and smiled at her.

"Heard you can fly now." She heard someone saying as they came into her room. Althea moved  away from Natasha and launched herself into his arms. "Hey!"Clint said as he caught her.

"How's Laura, Lila and Copper?" She asked excitedly. "They're fine." He replied her as they pull away. "You know what? You should come and visit. Lila and Cooper's been asking about you." Clint suggested which made her smile.

"Yeah. Maybe after this mission." She responded which surprised Clint because usually she would turn it down saying she has to work on something. "Nat you heard her say it too right?"

"I did." Natasha responded and let out a chuckle which made Althea roll her eyes. "Come on! We have a mission to get too." Althea said and walked out of her room.

"Hey." Steve greeted her and sat beside her on the jet. Althea smiled at him as response and took out her earphones. "Thea is everything fine?" He asked her in concern.

"Everything's fine." She replied not really wanting to talk about. "You just seem distant." He said to her which made her let out a sigh.

"Let's just focus on the retrieving Loki's sceptre first." Althea said and got up from her seat. She walked towards where Bruce was and stood beside him. "You're not being fair." Bruce said which made her roll her eyes.

"Since when did you start eavesdropping?" She asked him. "Since you're not being fair. He lied because he wanted to protect you." Bruce reasoned which made her let out a sigh. "Lately everyone's been doing that." She mumbled under her breath but Bruce heard it and shot her a glare.

"Wouldn't you have done the same if it were me?" Bruce asked her which made her roll her eyes in annoyance. "I would but.." she started but Bruce interrupted her. "Althea it happened and you can't do anything about it other than move on from it." Bruce turned and said to her which made her let out a sigh.

"I don't really know how to do that." She admitted and lowered her head. "By doing what you always do." Bruce replied and put his arm around Althea's shoulder. "You want me to use sarcasm to deal with it?" Althea asked him in confusion which made Bruce roll his eyes.

"No by helping people. That who you're and who you've always been." Bruce replied which made her smile. "Thank you." She said to Bruce who nodded his head.

"We're here." Tony said and landed the Quinjet. Althea walked out of the Quinjet and felt that she's been here before but didn't know when. She let out sigh giving up because she couldn't remember when. "So much for an eidetic memory." She mumbled under her breath in frustration.

"Thea I want you with Stark! Find a way to get in." She heard Steve giving her orders. She nodded at him and turned to Tony. "Come on!" She said and used her powers to lift herself from the ground. "I'll admit it! That was baddass." She heard Clint saying which made her let out chuckle.