Chapter 39

Steve's pov:

"So I was like, you zont have de balls bwo!" "Eddie, your high." I said "that's cwazy man! But lemme tell you, if my boyfrien see you howldihg me hand like that, he might get mad!" Eddie said "Eddie, I'm your boyfriend." I laughed. He stood up from his hospital bed shocked "WHAT! YOU! BUT YOUR TOO PRETTY MAN!" Eddie shouted. Wayne laughed and face palmed before a doctor came in and told us we could leave. Eddie layed down at the back of the car while I bit my tounge and tried not to cry. I can't belive I let Eddie down again- "before you say anything you didn't let Eddie down, yeah you promised you wouldn't let anyone hurt him again but that was a promise was hard as hell to keep. You convinced your son of a bitch dad to stay here so you could stay with Eddie and as soon as you found him you took care of him. Don't beat yourself up over the actions of a shitty kid." Wayne said. "T-thank you-" "Oh my god what happens when we die?" Eddie said. "Shut it gollum you're still high." Wayne said. "Gollum?" I asked, "it's a character from lord of the rings, its his favourite book, he always goes on about how he loves rings and shit, just like Eddie. He forced me to read those books when he was like 10 and he never shuts up about them." "N-no I'm not gollum, he's ugly, but you Wayne!! You lwook like gandwolf!" Eddie said. Wayne looked pissed and breaked suddenly, Eddie rolled off the backseat and just layed there till we got back to his trailer. "Is.... he okay?" "Probably." Wayne said.

++++++

I was laying in bed with Eddie who was still high as a kite and was about to fall asleep. "Hey Steve." "Yeah?" I said turning my head to face Eddie. "Can I tell you a secret?" He asked, I nodded my head and he turned to face the ceiling. "Sometimes I think I should break up with you. But not because I don't love you, it's the opposite. I hate seeing you have to deal with Jason and everyone being suspicious of us so I feel like if I broke up with you, you would be happier." My heart shattered as Eddie looked back at my with tears rolling down his face. "Eddie, I would rather be eaten alive by a fire breathing dragon then break up with you, I dont care about Jason or anyone other than you." I said grabbing his hand. Eddie moved closer to me and dug himself into his bed sheets, he fell asleep while I stayed up thinking about what he had told me.