Chapter 60

But why did it feel so real? It felt like he was somewhere else, not in bed or in a dream. But somewhere different.

"You okay Steve?" Eddie asked. Steve pulled away from the hug and gave Eddie a slight nod, "Yeah... I'm, I'm fine. I'm sorry I was being stupid-" "No! Don't worry I... I had nightmares like all the time. I just didn't have anyone with me." He said, Eddie gave Steve a smile before digging himself back into his sheets, Steve turned around and went to bed praying he wouldn't have another one of those dreaded nightmares.

+++++

Eddie woke up to the phone ringing, annoyed he wiped the drool from his mouth, got up from bed and answered. Steve woke up right after Eddie, "Jesus christ It's like 6 who's calling?" He asked annoyed. "Hello- Jesus who is this? Lucas calm down...... what no I'm not gonna babysit- lucas no! Jesus christ fine. Bring her in an hour." Steve heard from the living room. "What was that about?" Steve asked getting up from bed. "Not that I'm not enjoying this.." Eddie said flirtatiously, he grabbed Steve's waist and pulled him in for a kiss. "But.... sadly today you are going to be daddy Steve, lucas's little sister, Ellie is coming over and we've got to babysit." Eddie said handing Steve a shirt. "Daddy Steve has a ring to it." Steve laughed. Eddie rolled his eyes and went to clear the living room up. Less then ten minutes later they heard a knock on the door,

 "Hey, oh hi! You must be Ellie!" Steve said looking down on the little girl, she was around five, her hair was shoulder length and curly and she was wearing a pink poofy dress. "Ellie? That's a stupid name. I'm Erica." She said unimpressed. "Oh alright- I'm sorry?" Steve said letting Erica in. "You're arrogant aren't you?" Eddie said raising his eyebrows. "What did you say to me freak?" Erica's asked. "Hey don't say that-" "no no no Steve. What did you call me?" Eddie asked cutting Steve off. He knelt down so he would be eye to eye with her, "f-r-e-e-k. Freak." Erica repeated confidentiality. Eddie scoffed, "number 1, that's not how you spell freak, but I wouldn't expect better from a 6 year old. Number 2, you are under a freaks house, and freaks dont like to play around. So you are going to listen to me. You either respect me, or I'll send you back to the streets and you'll have to find some other chum to babysit you." Eddie said. Erica smiled looked Eddie up and down, "You're funny." She said. She reached her hand out to touch his hair. "Can I do your hair?" She asked. 

Eddie's stern look on his face changed to a smiley expression. "Sure!" He said happily. Erica grabbed the beeds and pins from her bag and Eddie sat down on the couch. Steve, confused as he was, chuckled and sat down on the ground so he was facing Eddie. Erica's small hands grabbed a bunch of pins and stuffed them into Eddie's hair, here and there she would brush a knot out. "And then I brought out vecna again-" "wait wasn't vecna killed already?" "Yeah but-" Eddie was cut off when Erica tapped his shoulder. "I'm done nerd!" She said handing him a mirror. His hair looked like a big poofy pom pom with a bunch of glitter and sparkles splattered around. "You look great!" Steve joked. Eddie was horrified considering the fact he looked like a barbie doll. "Wow! This looks... amazing!" Eddie lied. Erica smiled happily and packed her bags. "You're packing already?" Steve asked confused. "It's noon, lucas should be coming for me soon." Erica replied annoyed. "What? How is it noon-" "time flies when you are talking about dungeons and dragons stevie." Eddie said heading for his bedroom.