Chapter 9: Sixteen

"Why?" was all Sofia asked wondering how her brother ended up at Alex's house

Explaining that Alex was at her house and he brought Steven back with him after receiving the news of her being in jail for a few nights Sofia only nodded, happy her brother was closer than she thought.

Deciding he would make breakfast Alex started playing Sofia's workout playlist he had saved on his phone. Alex grabbed all the ingredients and placed a cup of coffee in front of her, 4 sugars, and a little bit of milk just how she liked it. Singing along to the words Sofia watched Alex dance while stirring the bacon.

"Alex I thought you were going to wake me up man, I'm going to be late!" Steven's voice filled the kitchen while he sprinted past Sofia not noticing his sister smiling at him. "Well good morning to you too sunshine" Alex replied laughing at the boy.

"It's not funny Sofia's going to kill me" Steven groaned rubbing his face.

"You've got that right" Sofia snickered watching her brother with amusement as he turned on his heels looking at Sofia with a shocked expression. "Hey sis I didn't notice you there" Steven smiled backing away slowly making sure he could get away if Sofia chased him like she normally did.

Bumping into a hard chest Steven cursed knowing who it was. "Sofia listen it's his fault!" Steven yelled pointing at Alex like a six-year-old.

"What you say, you miss school for a day and we go watch movies at home Steven" Sofia suggested not wanting to be alone, staring at her shocked Steven walked to his sister placing his hand on her head trying to feel if she had a fever. Swatting his hand away Sofia pulled his arm down making him sit down next to her I'm serious" she giggled.

Agreeing with his sister he walked out of the kitchen going to the room he was sleeping in to gather his things.

Noah sat down next to Sofia offering her a small smile which she returned. Placing food in front of both of them Alex joined them at the table. "How do you know each other?" Noah asked gesturing between the both of them waiting for a response but Sofia only shook her head and continued eating ignoring his question. "I...uhm...she actually" Alex tried to tell his brother but couldn't find the right words knowing Noah would kill him if he found out.

"Alex arranged my sister's first fight when she was sixteen and they've been friends ever since, now was that so hard Alex" Steven explained walking in with all his things in hand and sitting down to eat.

Noah stopped eating mid-way dropping his fork, You did what!" Noah growled glaring at his brother.

"She needed the money to keep her brother Noah and besides she's the girl who's been bringing in clients to your mafia, the Serpent ring any bells brother," Alex said proudly but his words caused Sofia to stop eating "Your part of the mafia?" Sofia asked making sure she didn't hear wrong.

"I'm the don of the Spanish Mafia and Alex is my second in command love" Noah corrected her thinking Alex's words over.

The Serpent was the best fighter in the underground, she had been undefeated for six years now, and knowing that it was Sofia made Noah feel uneasy.

"We'll talk about this later Alex, I'll take you both home let's go" Noah demanded standing up before Alex could argue.

Sofia and Steven followed in silence climbing into the car.

Arriving at their house Noah stopped Sofia before she could get out and told Steven to go inside while they talked. Listening Steven grabbed the keys and headed inside deciding on picking a movie before his sister could change her mind about him going to school.

"I'll be back tomorrow at six to pick you and Steven up, you're moving into our house till you both swear to omerta now that you know" Noah informed leaving no place for Sofia to argue but she only shakes her head not believing the man in front of her. "You can shake your head all you want princess ready or not I'll be here at six, you can go now" Climbing out Sofia climbed into her house needing a cigarette right about now before they started watching movies.

 "You can shake your head all you want princess ready or not I'll be here at six, you can go now" Climbing out Sofia climbed into her house needing a cigarette right about now before they started watching movies