Chapter 21: My way

Sofia's playful mood changed in an instant and before I could process what was happening Alex pulled her off of James

Sofia's playful mood changed in an instant and before I could process what was happening Alex pulled her off of James. Seeing her in his arms my anger skyrocketed. Alex stood in my office picking up everything in his vision and fidgeting with it just like he used to do when we were younger.

"I need a plus one and I need you to find one" I stated trying to get this conversation over with. Sofia's been clouding my judgment in everything every thought I have is second-guessed by what she would do. I can't seem to fall asleep before thinking about her, the amount of cold showers I had to take while she's near me is insane so I figured getting one of Alex's friends to help me forget about Sofia would be the best decision at this point.

It was just lust I felt toward her after all.

"For what event and when?"

"For tonight and a few weeks," I shortly answered knowing if I told my brother the real reason he wouldn't let it go. Alex told me he would see what he could do but he wasn't sure if he had time since he was busy with Sofia's fight tonight which of course would explain her outburst in the gym earlier but to be fair James was out of line.

Done talking to my idiotic brother I checked on James who was cracking jokes with Steven while flirting with the nurse and I went to find the grumpy koala smoking in the garden but she wasn't there.

Hearing a loud thud sound near my room I sped up wondering who the fuck was in my room.

Blond messy hair came into view and Sofia stood there dragging my door down the hall well trying to at least. Sofia drop it!" I yelled confused at what she was thinking. No! If I can't have a door neither can you" She yelled back still struggling to move the door that was twice her size. Glaring at the mad woman dragging my door as fast as she can I threatened her to let it go but her stubborn ass wouldn't listen to anything I was saying. "Oi! Dumbo mind giving me a hand" Sofia pointed at one of the guards that were trying his best to hide his laugh at the scene unfolding in front of him.

"Don't help her!" I defended seeing him frozen in place. "I'm sorry boss but she scares me" he replied picking up the door and carrying it away to god knows where. Shocked at his response I crossed my arms fixating my vision on Sofia who was sitting on the floor out of breath but looking victorious.

"Now I feel better" She exhaled standing up and walking away leaving me standing in the hall staring at my doorless room.

I didn't move for a while but my attention shifted between the door and my ringing phone. Answering the call James informed me of a package they found at the gate with my name on it, not expecting anything today I told him to open it but he told me I should come to look at the content of the box when he did.

Walking downstairs Steven and James were sitting in the lounge looking at a small wooden box.

"What did you find?" I asked walking closer and peeking into the box that was filled with white roses but a single red rose stood out. Picking the rose up a small note fell and I picked up the small piece of paper and read the note.

'Love is like a cigarette, it's fun at first. But eventually, it kills you consider yourself warned'

"Who sent this?" I asked James focusing on the small coffin in his hands that had my name engraved on top. James only shook his head and Steven piped in explaining that Sofia had shown him the same thing a while ago thinking it was him trying to pull a prank on her.

Looking at the time I knew Sofia had already left for her fight with Alex but I needed to see her note.

"Steven do you know what she did with it?" he stared at me like I'm dumb he stood up while I and James followed the young boy to her room. "Don't tell her you know of this!" he added while moving her mirror, revealing the vent.

'Just when I thought I'd seen it all with this girl.

Opening the vent he pulled out a few books and a box that was similar to mine. I opened it and took out the note ignoring the tiny coffin with her name on it.

'You'll death will be slow, so slow like petals falling from a rose'

"Trace the handwriting scan for prints and bring me the CCTV footage of the delivery man's arrival time, I need whoever sent this to be found. Steven put all this back and go eat dinner before helping James with whatever he needs" I commanded sending Alex a quick message telling him to get home right after the fight not wanting them to stay out any longer than they have to.

Grabbing my coat I decided to pay an old friend a little visit.