Chapter 41: No

Noah told Scar he'd think about it before we left and I've been dodging him ever since

Noah told Scar he'd think about it before we left and I've been dodging him ever since. I picked up Steven from school and made sure I drove to the farthest McDonalds just to have a break away from the house.

When we got back to the house I sprinted to my room using the excuse that I had to start getting ready and I turned on my music dancing around to the beat while washing my hair. I decided on wearing a black long sleeved turtle neck with a grey skirt coming up to my mid-thigh.

I braided my hair and lightly added makeup not really in the mood to add much thought into anything I did knowing he'd be dead before I have to do anything with him puts my mind at ease but an empty feeling keeps making me uneasy about this whole day

Looking at the time I only had about 20 minutes left before I needed to leave so I grabbed my purse placing a few necessities into it. I wanted to go to the Dome after this but Alex said I'd have to lay low for a while so I asked Tyler to swing by the club and bring me the files that still needed to be overseen before delivery.

Walking down the stairs I could hear soft murmurs at the bottom knowing that the boy's would be waiting I slowed down trying to get my uneven breathing under control.

I've been feeling light headed after getting out of the shower but I know it's because I haven't eaten anything today. My appetite seemed to be gone and just the sight of food made me want to throw up, Steven's chicken nuggets made me second guess my life in the car today more than once.

I've been smoking more seeing that it was the only thing I'm allowed to do.

While the scratching stopped I've been feeling very tired with all the nightmares and sleepless nights I've been having and seeing that small tasks are getting harder to do each day I know I'm slowly falling into the state I used the drugs to keep me out of.

If I continued like this the Sofia I've build will crumble away leaving a lifeless shell that was once filled with hope her parents would love her as much as she loved them, I'd be consumed by the monsters that live in me and not under my bed like we once thought.

"No, absolutely not, go change!" I heard Noah groan when I came into view.

Laughing at his frown I stood on my tippy toes planting a fast peck on his cheek seeing that I was still shorter than him. Steven came closer messing up his hair before mustering up the best child voice he could before asking me a question "Mamma is this going to be my new father?" he squealed jumping up and down.