Chapter 29: Alive

The sun was starting to set when I stopped outside of Noah's house I'd been driving the whole night and day occasionally stopping when I needed more drinks or a bathroom break

The sun was starting to set when I stopped outside of Noah's house I'd been driving the whole night and day occasionally stopping when I needed more drinks or a bathroom break. I haven't gone in yet because the moment his house came into view my thoughts filled with everything Scar said.

'Why are you protecting someone who's not even looking for you?'

'He's not coming Sofia'

'He's probably already replaced, you kid'

Thinking about it me and Scar have a very toxic friendship that I should've probably ended earlier but all the best friendships have a little toxic thing going, right?

Taking a deep breath I drove to the gate and waited for the guards to open it. Seeing Tyler walking to my window I rolled it down and his face paled. "Sofia!" he breathed out as if he's seen a ghost. "Hey, Ty long time no see" I joked softly smiling at him.

I just need to see Steven's alright so that I can finally sleep, my bodies aching all over and I'm feeling lightheaded but I can't stop till I make sure he's fine. Tyler opened the gate for me and I drove in still confused at his shocked face.

Parking the car I slowly walked up the stairs and opened the front door making my way to my brothers' room.

I had to stop a few times when the pain got too much so it took me a while but I made it to the top. Storming into his room without knocking I saw Stevens's bed unmade with some pizza boxes laying all over the floor. His curtains were still closed and his bathroom door was open meaning Steven wasn't in there.

Walking to Alex's room I found the same thing pizza boxes, weed packets, and closed curtains with an unmade bed. I started worrying the more I searched around and I stopped outside the last person I wanted to see in today's room. His door was back which meant someone told him where I hid it which was totally uncool of them.

Opening his door the smell of strong alcohol filled my nose causing it to burn. This place was a mess, beer bottles stood everywhere mixed with nugget boxes and filthy clothes. Noah wasn't in his room either so I walked to his office hoping someone was there to tell me where they all are.

Opening the door I jumped back at Noah's rough voice shouting at me "Fuck off I told you not to bother me!

Noah was staring out the window with his back turned to me holding a glass of what I can only guess is whiskey. His hair was a mess and his shirt was untucked making him look a little lost. "You better not be yelling at me!

At the sound of my voice Noah swiftly turned around and groaned "not this again" he muttered sitting down at his desk while laying his head on the table.

"Noah, what are you doing?" I asked walking in fully.

He slightly chuckled and sat up leaning his head on the back of the chair and looking up. "Ignore it, Noah she'll go away she always does" he whispered to himself not looking at me. "Noah! Snap out of it wheres my brother?" I raised my voice needing Noah to sober up already.

Bringing his head back Noah's eyes locked onto mine and he looked as if he was in pain by just seeing me. "You look so real yet every time I try touching you, I'm reminded that you're just my mind playing tricks on me" he humorously stated taking another sip of whiskey. Frowning at his words I stepped closer not understanding what he was going on about.

"Noah I'm right here what are you talking about?

"But you're not HERE! Your dead...you died" he whispered the last part while a single tear rolled down his cheek before he wiped it away. "Princess I'm not dead," I said softer walking closer to where Noah was sitting but I jumped back when he threw his glass against the wall causing it to shatter.

Noah tried walking past me to leave the room but I grabbed his arm stopping him "What the hell is wrong with you?" I almost shouted but Noah's confused face morphed into an excited one in an instant.

Noah pulled me into his embrace picked me up and wrapped my legs around his waist. I hissed at the pain of his tight hold and he looked at me worriedly while placing me back on the ground. "Where does it hurt Soph?" he asked looking all over me for injuries.

Shaking my head I told him I was fine I just needed rest but Noah insisted that I get checked out by the medical staff he apparently had nearby.

"Noah, where is everyone else?

"Alex, James, and Steven are somewhere out drinking. Before you kill us for letting Steven drink we all thought you were dead so all of us went a little downhill" he explained ashamed but I was still confused at his continuously telling me they thought I was dead.

'I'm very much alive

'Barley'

'Shut it, I'm as healthy as a horse

"Noah, why do you keep on saying that I died?"

"It's a long story Sofia and right now we need to get you to the doctor" Noah carefully picked me up bridal style and carried me to a side of the house I'd never been to. When Noah place me down on a small bed a girl with silky brown hair walked in and made sure she brushed her shoulder against Noah's when she came closer.

"The doctor will be here in a few minutes so put this on" the nurse threw a white thin robe at me and turned walking out while swinging her hips while smiling at Noah but before she could leave he grabbed her arm stopping her in her tracks.

'He's probably already replaced, you kid'

Scar's voice rang in my head but Noah couldn't replace me if we were never anything so Scar was wrong.

Noah whispered something to her that I couldn't hear but when he was done her eyes were wide open and she turned around to face me "I'm so sorry what I did was disrespectful and it will never happen again" she left before I could say anything and I glared at Noah waiting for him to explain what he told her but he smiled telling me to get dressed before he left too.

The doctor came in telling Noah to stay outside after he tried coming in with him.

"I'm doctor Bennet Sol nice to meet you Sofia" he kindly greeted taking out a folder with a pen attached to it. "I'm seriously fine doc so if you could just tell Noah that nothing is wrong I can go and find my friends and brother" trying to climb off the bed he stopped me and I winced at the pressure he placed on my back.

"So your fine right?" he chuckled asking for my permission before lifting the robe to look at my back, I didn't miss the gasp leaving him when he probably saw how my back looked not even I've looked at the marks that would forever be on me.

You can't hate something you haven't seen.

Doctor Bennet check all of my wounds after I told him where each one was. He gave me painkillers and antibiotics with some cream to place on the wounds to lessen the scarring.

After the Doctor left I got dressed again and walked out almost getting tackled to the ground by a screaming Steven, Alex, and James.