17

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

02.09 The map of moments

&

02.10 Gonna set your flag on fire

━━━━━━━━━━

"ARE WE THERE YET?"

"For the last bloody time, no, Aidynn!" Klaus snaps, all three were on edge since they were nearing the safe house. Klaus smirks in the mirror. "Two minutes."

Aidynn unbuckles her seatbelt when the car turns on the dirt road, she looks out the window to see Rebekah and Elijah, the latter craddling a baby when they near the big white house. Silently, the woman jump from the car and sprints toward them with Klaus and Hayley walking not far behind her. Aidynn slowly goes straight toward the baby with thin light hair, and rosey cheeks in the blonde woman's arms and smiles. The Mikaelsons holds out the child and Aidynn lifts her immediately, hugging the cooing baby to her chest. A warm flutter fills her chest as her eyes sting with tears.

"Saint." The baby giggles when she touches the pendant on Aidynn's neck that's exposed by her low cut tank top to match her leggings, leather jacket, and black boots. The hybrid blinks her tears away as she looks at Rebekah, allowing Hayley and the Mikaelson brothers to talk. "Show me around?"

"Of course." The Mikaelson and the Parker fall in step as they climb the porch stairs and enter the lovely home. "How are you feeling with Kol's return, sweets?"

"Overwhelmed. Angry. Sad. I don't know it's all just–it's like my emotions were tossed into the blender, honestly. I don't know what to feel or I feel so much I can't understand it." She sighs, kissing her daughter's soft head. Rebekah leads her up the stairs and opens a door. "Oh, Bekah."

The room has light gray walls with a wooden crib on the side and a moon sticker over it. An ajar door connecting to a guest bedroom. A cushioned chair with a foot stool, baby toys, and her silk blanket in the crib. A small mobile of the moon, stars, and clouds dangles overhead of the crib. A small dresser in the corner with her plush toys and empty bottles on top.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it." The Parker grins as she holds the baby at eye level. "Don't you love it, too? It's just so pretty but not as pretty as my girl. No, you're so beautiful."

The baby giggles when Aidynn attacks her face with kisses, Rebekah smiles at the sight. Whilst the Original was slightly saddened to give the baby to her mother, she was relieved to know Aidynn won't be a tyrant of a mother but a caring, sweet one not that she had any doubts. Aidynn proved no matter the harsh or untrue words that fell from her lips, in her soul she's a great person who's been through a lot for being so young.