19

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

02.13 The devil is damned

━━━━━━━━━━

NEW ORLEANS LOOKED THE SAME, BUT THE THREE COULD FEEL THE DIFFERENCE. The air was heavier when Aidynn, Kol, and Kai entered the Quarter before the trio pulled into the compound's garage. The man glances around the courtyard in remembrance as Kol darts up the stairs. "This is where you live now?"

"For a while now, yeah." Aidynn grins as gestures to the crest. "It's the Mikaelson compound, hence the 'M.'"

"I thought it was for Marcel, he used to live here."

Her eyes close, scolding herself. "I forgot you and mom knew Marcel."

"So, what was it like, your life?"

"I thought we agreed to the get-to-know part over lunch?" She jokes before sighing at his deadpan. "Ok, no sugar-coating. It was...scary when I finally understood the graveness of it. Mom, uh, died when I was twelve."

He nods, sad blues eyes dimming before clearing his throat. "How?"

"We ran all the time but Edith and some Gemini's found us, she ripped mom's heart out while I watched, cloaked and hidin' under a bed."

Kai's eyes soften as his eyes slightly moisten. "I'm going to fight and avenge her. My mother does not get to-"

"She's dead, dad."

"What?"

Aidynn shrugs as his eyes snap to her. "I killed her when I was fifteen, triggered my curse and kept running, kept killin'."

"Tell me everything, Cupcake."

"Well, I was twenty-two when I was kidnapped and met Elena Gilbert at the same time as I met Kol and Elijah Mikaelson and I befriended them all, and I met Elena's bestie, Bonnie. I got her blood and stuff, I was close to gettin' you but failed. I met Klaus Mikaelson later and we became close friends, he helped me look for the ascendant but it, it was pointless. I don't like her but Jo was smart, that's for sure."

"And, how'd you get involved with Kol, romantically?" He grimaces as she plops down, propping her feet on the table.

"Well, Kol's my soulmate and I fell in love with him, I found a home in his family, but then Elena murdered him for no reason and I broke. Blacked out for, like, a month before I met Hayley and came here to look for more leads on the ascendant along with the Crescents. Even if I wanted it, I didn't have it in for revenge. We were kidnapped and I found out...something incredible."

He sits down, scooting to the edge. "Ooh, don't cliffhang me, child. What?"

"I was pregnant by Kol. It was threat-filled, dangerous nine-months when I considered abortion then adoption to Rebekah, Kol's sister."