41

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

04.01 Gather up the killers

━━━━━━━━━━

LIKE CLOCKWORK, SAINT TIPTOES THROUGH THE HALLWAYS SO THE WOMAN OUTSIDE DOESN'T HEAR HER. Quickly, she climbs the latter and pops the panel up, she shuffles in and places it back in its correct location. Ignoring the dusty labeled boxes full of old junk, she moves to a specific coffin with a smile. She sits on the silver casket, opening the heavy top with a struggle to reveal the sleeping brunet man with a blood crusted neck. Saint grins before it widens, the girl noting the glossy wooden box beside the coffin.

The seven year old opens the latch after much debating to herself to see very old books with some pictures of people she's never seen with a little girl, Hayley, and the man in the coffin. She ignores the dagger on the side like normal, scraping the red velvet inside and clasps her nimble fingers around the familiar glossy photographs.

The child smiles at the blond man scowling at a strange smirking brunette woman in some shop, the same brunette crosses her eyes goofily at the camera with only her face in the frame, blue frosting on her nose beside Hayley with a swollen belly laughing behind the woman who raised her. She flips the picture to see the man in the coffin holding a rose, smiling extremely wide behind the ivory-skinned women who's holding the phone above her head with a smile. Sitting the pictures down, she gently takes out a ticket and beams at the title on the ticket stub with a red lipstick print, a 'Romeo and Juliet Reenactment' with a date set for eight years ago.

Lastly, the seven year old removes a silver chain with shimmery red jewel from the box, giggling as she know she hid it from her aunt. Her hand glows blue as it touches the jewel, her brown eyes flutter closed.

The woman grins and kneels beside the toddler who's leaning on the side, snoring away and kissing her head, the red pendant hanging over her neck. "Soon, we'll be a family again, Peanut. You, mommy, and daddy will be together finally, I promise. But for now, Aunt Dillion will take care of you. I love you, baby, so much."

Saint blinks in wonder at the new memory the necklace showed her, glancing at the man sleeping a few inches to her right and to the picture of the unknown woman. Curiosity eats at her, her palm regrasping the jewel as her eyes fall closed, wanting to see them again.

She snaps under her breath. "I get it, they were your family for many, many years but who cares? If anything Klaus and Elijah deserve to be unlinked–not killed–for what they've done to Kol for a millenia. Look, M, I love them and it's not personal, I just need Kol more than my next breath."

"If you fail, Saint loses more family."

"If I succeed, Saint gets her dad." The hybrid argues. "Why should Hayley have Elijah and I can't have Kol? Oh, I know, 'cause Kol is the black sheep that no one wants. Well, I do, and no one can stop me. All I've ever done is be on their side against everyone. You, Dahlia, Esther and Finn, Elora and the Salvawhores, the witches and wolves. I won't let Klaus or Elijah die, Marcel, but you gotta trust me."