36

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

03.16 Alone with everybody

━━━━━━━━━━

THE PARKER RUNS HER HAND OVER KOL'S SIDE OF THE BED, A FROWN MARRING HER FEATURES WHEN THE COLD SHEETS HIT HER PALMS. Holding the sheet to her chest, she squints around, seeing no sign of life, but a note in her lover's hand writing on the nightstand with a rose. 'Issues at the compound. I love you.'

"Really?" She whispers, falling back on the pillows, mentally preparing herself for the drama unfolding. Quickly, she hobbles into the kitchen, starting a pot of coffee before smiling at the cover over a plate, opening it to see a blend of diced sausage, fried potatoes, and scrambled eggs with buttered toast. Aidynn quickly showers and brushes her teeth after a cup of coffee and her food, pulling her hair in two braids, and adding some mascara to her dark lashes, some eyeliner to her lower lash lines, and chapstick to her lips.

Aidynn felt really good from the following night, confident and desired. It had been so long since her confidence was boosted. She slips into some black fishnets and slides a form-fitted red mini dress with thin black stripes and thin shoulder straps, her pendant resting between her breasts, a black jean jacket of Kol's Aidynn had cut a year ago, a pair of black chunky platform booties, and small diamond studs in her ears to match the rings on her thumbs, index, and middle fingers to make her nails pop. She rubs some of her herbal perfume to her neck, wrists, thighs, and adds deodorant, grabbing her purse and locking the apartment.

The hybrid saunters across the street, tilting her head at the Strix bodyguards who sigh and move. She climbs the stairs to hear Kol talking with Elijah; "I swear it!"

"Are you quite sure?"

"I saw him with my own eyes." Her Mikaelson exasperates as she slinks through the doorway, kissing his cheek, nodding in silent greeting at Elijah who smiles, without a word before leaning on the couch arm. "Finn must've come back when Aidynn resurrected me."

"The spell was tied to the Mikaelson bloodline." She notifies, Kol places his hand on her shoulder.

"Either it worked on him or he found a way to hijack it. Either way, the only 'how' I care about right now is how long I'm going to make him suffer before I kill him." The vampire spits harshly, massaging the hybrid's taut muscles.

The brunet paces, his brother saying; "Restraint, brother. For now."

Aidynn scoffs, standing up so her and Kol's shoulders are brushing, his hand on the small of her back."What?"

"Why?!" Kol pipes in after his hybrid. "Finn is clearly the one spreading rumors about missing White oak. He's luring Nik's enemies out of the woodwork. It's all part of his tedious revenge fantasy."