25

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

02.22 Ashes to ashes

━━━━━━━━━━

THE PARKER HUMS TO HER BABY, SAINT'S NOSE NUZZLING INTO HER MOTHER'S NECK AS SHE SLIGHTLY SNORES WITH A INCAPACITED KLAUS AND DAHLIA IN FRONT OF HER WITH FREYA BESIDE HER THAT EARLY MORNING. While Dahlia was busy, she channeled Freya and broke the link between her and Klaus. Freya hadn't spoken a word to her as she called Elijah to come get them. The witch glaring as the hybrid walks around, bouncing Saint as she giggles, pressing a kiss to her head. The base of her spine tingles, informing her of someone approaching. Assuming it to be Elijah, she places Saint safely in her seat resting on the tailgate, turning to look at him as his red-rimmed eyes glare into her head.

"Well, my adage holds. Nothing good ever happens in a clearing in the woods."

"Nothing good ever happens where my brother and Aidynn are concerned." He stares at Aidynn coldly before looking at his sister, before looking between the infant who is still fussing and his eldest sibling. "With one exception. How is she?"

"She's a Mikaelson. She's resilient." She tells him, Aidynn moving in front of Saint with mistrust deep in her eyes. "When I woke they were like this. Rebekah tells me Klaus has a plan to kill Dahlia, that he knew our plan would not work."

Aidynn raises her hand with a smug smile. "My plan, actually, and it wouldn't. The ingredients for your little witch's brew weren't the right ones. Dahlia let both me and Nik into her head to propose a deal to work with her to get my kid, when observing her past before and after she had you, Freya. And you weren't the witch she loved most or broke her heart, Esther did when they were younger; when your mother chose your father over her sister. Ooh, choosin' a lover over family, must run in the family, eh, Elijah?"

"Don't." Elijah sneers at her remark. "I don't even want to hear as much as a mumble from you."

"Don't tell me what to do."

Freya huffs. "Enough, both of you. So, we need Esther's blood?"

"Yep." Aidynn nods, leaning on the tailgate defensively.

"That's impossible. I killed her."

Elijah looks her in the eyes, stating; "One incarnation. Our mother is buried in New Orleans. Niklaus wants us to revive the original body."

"Good, job, 'Lijah. Two plus two."

With Dahlia and Klaus in the bed of the truck Elijah drove the few hours back to the compound with Freya in the passenger and Aidynn between guarding her daughter. She tickles Saint under her chin as she climbs out, hoisting her daughter onto her hip as Elijah leads them inside. Aidynn quickly takes the sleeping infant to her room, laying her in her crib with her fox. She takes a jar of salt and lines both doorways of Saint's room along with the window seal, she whispers a chant before cutting her finger and dripping into the circle; sealing the boundary spell only she could pass through then exiting, jogging down stairs.