43

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

04.03 Haunter of ruins

━━━━━━━━━━

"WHAT'S THE HOLD UP?" Kol scoffs to his siblings loitering the porch carelessly, holding his cup of mimosa. "Alright, we rescued Nik, we escaped mortal danger. Why are we not on a private jet to Saint Tropez?" He hums, snatching the newspaper from his oldest brother in irritation. "You can catch up on the last five years when we're on our way. I assure you, you haven't missed much."

Elijah butts in. "Circumstances have changed. We will leave here soon enough."

"We have a niece to consider, just as you have a daughter to consider." Rebekah states, making him shake his head in exasperation. "We're all thinking of Saint's best interest."

"Did any of you have Saint in your thoughts as you took Aidynn's—"

"Kol has a point." Freya interrupts, guilt churning her belly. "We need to put an ocean between us and Marcel Gerard as soon as possible."

"We're not going anywhere today." Klaus speaks. "I want one day of peace. Give Saint a day to adjust to us before we uproot her, just as you should want."

"Saint is both a Parker and a Mikaelson, she'll adapt to being uprooted swiftly." The youngest brother states.

The eldest sibling says; "Any delay is a risk."

"One day." He grits. "We're in the middle of nowhere, the house is cloaked, we weren't followed, and I'm not asking!"

Seconds after his shout, the screen door opens, making them turn and gape at the chestnut-haired child clinging to the brunette hybrids hand, who smiles forcibly. "Everybody, look who's awake."

The Mikaelson siblings stand, watching her carefully as confusion fills Kol's chest. Why was she avoiding them so fearfully?

Kol steps forward, the meek voice of Saint greets; "Hello."

"Hello." The man nervously exhales, adoration filling his chest at the beauty of his child. His child. The title of being a father still felt odd to him, yet it felt perfect. It's hard not to feel this level of pride at his daughters mere existence when she's utter perfection just by breathing.

The girl turns to the woman. "Hales, can I go play in the castle?"

"Yeah." She nods. Saint only blinks at her before she runs down the stairs, darting away from the house quickly. Kol narrows his eyes at Hayley, his ears picking up nothing other than his siblings and Hayley, the wolf in the garage, and his daughters steps receding which makes him worry as his siblings beside Klaus depart. He grabs Hayley's arm, narrowing his eyes further as he questions; "Where is my daughter going?"