27

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

03.04 A walk on the wild side

━━━━━━━━━━

THE LAST FEW DAYS, AIDYNN HAD STAYED IN HER APARTMENT WITH A NEEDY SAINT. The baby wasn't sick but was feeling so from the growth she's been going through, so Aidynn devoted all her attention to the baby for the day. Watching kid's Halloween movies, reading children's books, playing with dolls, and more. Now feeling better, Aidynn has her child in a wagon as she points at the Halloween decorations around the quarter, pulling a cart with her baby and stuff for her baby inside.

The apartment is also feeling like a prison after all her months as a wolf running free. She'd wake up in a start only to see Saint's sleepy face and begin her day, ignoring the feeling of tightness in her chest.

Saint giggles, pointing at it. "Mama!"

"Ooh, a Jack-O-Lantern. How scary." Aidynn leans down and kisses her while entering a shop and looking around. Chuckling as she looks through children's costumes, she looks at the Mikaelson, who sits in the wagon with her fox in her lap. "You would make the cutest little thing, wouldn't you?"

"Bwue."

"Yeah, Stitch is blue." Aidynn nods as she checks the size of the small costume. "Good job, Peanut."

The baby claps happily, being distracted by chewing on her fingers. Aidynn pulls it over to look at other costumes, her eyes jumping at the adult Stitch onesie. She grabs it, quickly paying before she exits, constantly glancing back at her baby. Aidynn sees a restaurant's sliding window with a sign, so she approaches it. "Hello?"

"Welcome to Pearl's! How may I help you?" The boy–who looks no older than eighteen–greets with a grin.

"Hi, can I get a ten box of donuts and beignets–both apple cider and caramel sauce?"

He writes it down with a nod. "Yep! Anything else?"

"Um, two of the vanilla cupcakes with Jack-O-Lantern frosting, a glass of water and one of apple cider, please."

"Good choice. $40.24." She grabs the wallet from under Saint's butt with an eye roll as the baby giggles, she takes the black card out and hands it to him. His eyes widen and he scurries off, coming back momentarily, nodding at Saint; "How old?"

"Sixteen months." She takes the card and puts it back. Saint whines, holding her hands out to her mom with a pout resembling her own. Aidynn lifts her onto her hip as the baby's small hand latches onto her necklace, fiddling with the ring in content.

"Awe, well, she's adorable. Looks just like you."

"Ooh, no she doesn't. She is Kol's twin, aren't you?" She leans the child back, scrunching her nose playfully at her.