34

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

03.14 A streetcar named desire

━━━━━━━━━━

"YOU GOT EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO BREAK THE SIRE LINK?"

After gathering Jackson's heart, Aidynn berated herself for doing this but she had more right to say what to do with him than Hayley, Aidynn's his kin and Hayley is the wife that only married him for the benefits of the pack. Sure, Aidynn wasn't the best cousin, but she loved him deeply, which is why she's hyper fixated on getting Kol back. She needed to feel safe again, to have the warmth and love of Kol's, she needed him in general.

So, dressed in her black robe that made her itch and called Dillion who told her Saint was sleeping. So, she rereads the spells until Marcel barges in, so she looks at him. "Almost. Aya's gathering everything else. I'll be ready when the sun comes out. You'll all be fine, I swear. You get warm when it starts working but it'll pass." Her smile falls a bit. "I know that face. Come on, spit it out."

"Crazy spell, substitute heart, creepy witches helpin' you out. What if the warmth is the last thing that I feel?" The Gerard inquires and the Parker huffs.

"I'll be careful, you know I will."

He hesitates before saying; "I get that and I am game but we are on a tightrope with the Mikaelsons. I mean, that's not just anybody's heart. Jackson was a friend to them and he was to me."

"And he was my cousin!" She scoffs incredulously. "My blood, Marcel, and he died 'cause of the Mikaelson drama. At least this way his death will mean something more than a casualty. I have never, ever blamed them for anything, never been against them, never been selfish when it comes to the family. Look, I know it's a long shot but if I don't save you and Josh, how will I ever be able to save Kol or Saint? I couldn't live with myself if I hurt someone else I love in the process of getting Kol. I'll be back."

She puts her hood down as she saunters out, going to her car. Aidynn drives away, toward the church, where she quickly runs inside with her bag. The hybrid sits the silver urn on the table and uses salt and candles to make a large circle. She sages it, takes out some clothes and lays them on the bed before sashaying out to her car. She pulls over in the Quarter, in front of the park where she's meeting Dillion with a sleeping Saint in a stroller.

Aidynn steps out with a smile, holding up the dress and hugging Dillion. "Hey. I'm sorry fo–"

"Hey, no." Dillion grips her shoulders. "I get it, I support you. I mean, I seen how torn up you were over Kol in Mystic Falls, and the new body, you deserve this. You deserve to be happy, and Saint sure as hell does."

The Parker grins and kneels beside Saint who's leaning on the side, snoring away and kissing her head. "Soon, we'll be a family again, Peanut. You, mommy, and daddy will be together finally, I promise. But for now, Aunt Dillion will take care of you. I love you, baby, so much."