46

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

                                                                                                                     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

04.06 Bag of cobras

    ━━━━━━━━━━

"AHHH !" Saint runs as fast as possible, screaming as she stumbles, only for her petite body to be snatched up. "Daddy!"

Kol faux snarls, shaking her body as he blows raspberries on her shoulder. "Gotcha, love."

"You cheated." She pouts as her feet lay back on the ground.

"No, Firefly, not cheating. I used my powers, and you will also need to learn to use yours."

"Why? I got you to do whatever I want." She giggles, and he flicks her nose and she huffs. "Daddy!"

He kneels down, cupping her cheeks, and making her look in his eyes. "I'll chase away all your nightmares and help you catch all your dreams."

"You're a superhero, daddy." Saint grins at him, tapping his nose which is a similar shape to her own and he smiles sadly at her.

"Sure, love, I am." He scoops her up onto his hip, kissing her head, unbeknownst to the Dumas wolf watching from the window of her shack with a slight smile. Hours passed, and now Kol carries Saint to the shack and places her at the door, she kicks off her boots, and walks to the sink to wash her hands. Kol watches Saint digs into the shrimp and grits her great grandmother dumped into her bowl, after a while of hide and seek in the bayou.

She hums with her mouth full. "Mmm!"

"Saint, manners, love." The father chides from the porch, through the screen door, still not having been invited inside, which is why he slept in the hard rocking chair out on the porch half the night before pacing the area around the shack.

"Thank you, Grams."

"Of course, honey." She grins, turning to the door. "You want some?"

"As much as I appreciate the offer, Mary, I'm going to decline. Thank you."

"Hayley told me your family's havin' some kinda party. Why aren't ya goin'?"

He scoffs, rolling his eyes. "Parties thrown by my family never seem to end well for me. I'd rather not test the fumes of luck I'm running on as of late. I've entrusted Niklaus to sort out the magical mess of the Quarter while I spend time with my daughter, everything should be fine."

"'Should?'"

"We're Mikaelson's, nothing ever seems to go right the first time. So, we will try and try again." Kol smirks, chuckling. "Why do you think my parents had so many children? Duds, the whole lot before me."