44

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

04.04 Keeper of the house

━━━━━━━━━━

"OUR HOME. ONCE THE PRIDE OF OUR FAMILY, NOW A FLOP HOUSE."

"Indeed the mighty have fallen."

Saint, who's wrapped in her father's jacket, the man cradling her to his chest securely, as he had done the entire duration of their travel, sniffles, listening to her uncles speaking of the run down home with dust and rodents, wreckage and overgrown vines. Her crystal blue eyes lock on the 'M' engraved on the cement plaque with a snake.

"Where's Vincent?" Kol ponders, rushing to a couch as Hayley lays down a blanket, and he lays Saint atop the blue cotton throw.

"Right here." The witch saunters in from the side entrance. "Kept my word. Now the only question is whether or not you'll keep yours. As soon as I'm done healing your kid, you got to leave the city."

Klaus, angered as he watches his baby brother fear for his daughter, sneers: "Well, we're not gonna stay, are we? You're city's lost its charm."

"Niklaus." Kol glares at his brother, turning to Vincent as he caresses her daughter's hair softly.

Hayley scoffs. "What he means to say is that we're very grateful, just help her and we'll leave."

"You do everything to make sure she's healthy and untainted by magic, and we'll leave and never return. You have my word."

"Daddy, pinky promise him." Saint grins tiredly, her striking blue eyes blink up at him, unshed tears pricking her corners. "Can't break pinky promises."

"Of course, love. You rest now." He coos, booping her nose and she smiles sleepily. "I swear, Vincent." The youngest Mikaelson brother states, his eyes begging for the witch's assistance.

"Just give us what we need, and we'll do so, happily." Elijah agrees.

Vincent glances down at Saint who slightly smiles at him, the resemblance of the child and her mother striked the man, and his heart softened. Even if the Mikaelson's didn't leave, he'd still heal her, not only because she's a child, but because he owes this to Aidynn Parker. "Excuse me."

Kol kisses her forehead, leaning her head up as he whispers to her. "You be brave, little one."

"Ok, daddy." She nods, watching him step backward along with Hayley and Elijah, her uncle Nik glaring at the man hatefully as he moves closer to her. "I'm Saint, what's your name?"