40

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

03.21 Give 'em hell, kid
&
03.22 The bloody crown

━━━━━━━━━━

STARING INTO THE AIR, KOL BLANKLY SITS IN A SUIT AS TEARS SLIP DOWN HIS FACE. Next to him is his daughter with Saint biting on her toy in a black fold pleated Swiss dot mesh dress with a mock neck covered by her faux fur black coat, matching her dad's tie with a pair of black flats with a strap and a bow. Kol sweeps her into his arms, holding her tightly.

"I know you haven't any idea of what's going on, but you will and I'm so sorry, little one." The Mikaelson whispers, pressing his lips to her head as he rises, keeping her on his hip as he covers her face, vamping to the City of the Dead. Kol wipes his face, holding her as he approaches his daughter's aunt.

Davina swipes her tears away, releasing Ashton and hugging the two Mikaelson's tightly. "It's pointless to ask how you are, clearly you aren't fine, but how's she?"

Saint grins at her aunt, laying her head on her dad's shoulder as she reaches for the witch's hand. Kol blankly looks at the woman holding hands with his daughter. "Honestly, she's just puzzled on where her mum has gone. I, on the other hand, am clinging to my daughter so I don't go and slaughter half the state."

The Claire smiles sympathetically as the Woods' joins her side. "You must be Kol."

"I am. And I remember you, Ashton. No need for the introduction." Kol brushes past the wolf in annoyance, hating where they are and how friendly he seemed. Josh comes in, standing beside Vincent with a polite greeting as Marcel stalks in a few seconds later, tightly holding hands with Dillion. Davina and Ashton join the human's side, the women locking hands as they begin crying.

The Griffith begins, the group looking at the concrete square reading 'Aidynn C. Parker' with a small Gemini symbol with a crescent moon in the center; "Say not in grief that she is no more but be thankful that she ever was. And though she was taken far to soon, may her enduring light show us a way through this darkness. Let us mourn because we cannot move on until we do. And though the pain may at times seem like more than we can bare, make no mistake we will move on. And even now, the words of Ecclesiasticus are ringing in my ears, they're saying 'vengeance as a lion shall lie in wait for them.'"

Davina cries as she pipes up, telling them as her lips wobble. "What feels like forever ago, I told Aidynn that I was petrified of motherhood, she told me 'Every bad thing will always be outweighed by the good.' And she was right, what I didn't tell her is that I couldn't tell anyone else how scared I was. She was my best friend, my family, my sister. And I loved her so much. Uh, er..." Her sobs run over her words and Ashton yanks her to his chest, letting her cry into him, her hands fisting his suit jacket tightly.

The witch glances at Kol who's shamelessly crying, letting his daughter play with the watch on his wrist which her mother gifted to him a while ago for the holidays. He shakes his hand, his voice cracking as he states; "I'm sorry. I can't."