22

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

02.17 Exquisite corpse

━━━━━━━━━━

THE HYBRID STANDS ON THE BALCONY WITH A CUP OF CHAMOMILE TEA, HER FATHER SNORING ON HER SMALL COUCH AFTER THEIR HOUR AND A HALF TALK. She tried to sleep before she caught Kol's scent and he flashed through her mind, then the cold lifeless blue eyes of the witch body he inhabited; guilt for not seeing he was ill through her own happiness pangs her chest. Her ears perk up at the sound of her dad's obnoxious yawning and she enters with a smile. "Sleep well."

He cocks his head at her. "Hi. Why aren't you asleep?"

"I couldn't."

Saint lets out a small cry and Kai's eyes twinkle, Aidynn holds her hand up. "Hold on, she might just be fussy."

"So demanding." He pouts at his daughter before rising to stretch. Aidynn figured her child must be safe since there's a super-charged werewolf outside the door, so she decided to relax. The baby lets out a quiet whine as she calms.

"Told you." She smirks, turning to the pile of clean laundry and begins folding it. "Saint really loves sleeping and eating. Like her mother."

Kai says proudly; "And her grandfather. I gotta use the bathroom."

"You know where it is." She grins, folding her tank top, a  loud thud behind the closed door of her room and Aidynn rushes inside to see Rebekah leaning over her crib next to a dead body. She yanks her away by her arm, the witch's head smacking into a stand. "Get away from her."

The hybrid moves forward to look at her baby when she's tossed back into her room. She uses her claws to try to stop herself, tearing her duvet as she hits her dresser. Aidynn enters the room as she rests her hands on the girl's ribs to lift, choking from the witch's spell. She pushes past it, extending her canines and burying them into her leg. The spell intensifies and she spits up blood as she coughs, Eva makes her escape without being seen. The spell breaks and she hops up, wiping her mouth and picking Saint up, holding her tightly to her chest as she jogs out of the room.

"Nik! Hayley! Nik! Ha-" The open study door where Klaus is reading, Hayley walking in soon after. "Thank Fuck."

The book is shut and Klaus jumps from his seat, clearly worried. "What's the matter?"

"That damn witch came after Saint a few minutes ago."

"Dahlia?" He fumes.

"No, Eva." Aidynn shakes her head, the baby laying her head on her mother's shoulder and playing with her pendant. "I fought her off, left her with hell of a bite."

"And Derek?"

"Dead on the floor."

"Well, find her." Hayley tells, resting a hand on her shoulder before exiting to find her husband.