The Luckiest Woman Alive

5th June 2016, my 20th Birthday...

I'm in LA for a weekend signing my contract to start working for a management company when I move here in a couple of weeks. I enter the building to be met by Anna, my soon to be boss.

Anna: Y/N, hi! Let's get this signed then shall we?

She guides me to the meeting room and passes my contract over. I sign it.

Anna: We're having an office party tonight, I just assumed you'd come. Happy birthday by the way!
Me: Yeah, of course! I'll be there.
Anna: Amazing, we'll see you tonight then! Don't worry if you don't know anyone, we'll get you up to date!
Me: No worries, what's the dress code?
Anna: Smart casual.

Later that evening, I get ready to go out. I throw on some ripped spray on jeans, a black oversized t-shirt, leather jacket and some black Doc Martens.

 I throw on some ripped spray on jeans, a black oversized t-shirt, leather jacket and some black Doc Martens

I get picked up and go back to the office, the music blasting, and wander in. I grab a drink and sit in the corner on my own, not knowing anyone. A woman comes and sits next to me.

Me: Sorry if I look like a total loner, I am. I know no one here!
Demi: Well, nice to meet you. I actually just thought you looked pretty cool to talk to.
Me: Ah, thanks!
Demi: Your outfit is badass by the way.
Me: You think? Cheers.
Demi: You're English?
Me: Mhm. What? You don't like the accent?
Demi: No, I love the accent. British accents are such a turn on.
Me: I'm glad you love it then. Demi, right?
Demi: Right. What was your name again?
Me: I don't think I said. I'm Y/N. I grew up listening to your old albums, you should go back to the emo era, it suits you.
Demi: Maybe I will one day. You're really confident huh?
Me: Am I?
Demi: Yeah, you are.
Me: Only around pretty girls.
Demi: Or only when you've been drinking.
Me: That too.

We spend the rest of the evening drinking together, totally wasted. We end up kissing a lot, eventually getting really heated.

Demi: Do you have an apartment?
Me: I mean, I have a hotel suite for the night if that works?
Demi: Let's go then birthday girl.
Me: How did you know it was my birthday?
Demi: You literally have a banner on your seat saying happy birthday...

We spend the whole car ride to the hotel kissing, hands all over each other. We arrive and she discreetly follows me into the hotel with my jacket over her head. We spend the rest of the night, and the whole morning after having sex, until she leaves to go to work.

Late June 2016...

Moving to LA from Newcastle has been tough for me, especially at 20, but I guess I have nothing to lose now. If I want to be an actor I'll have to think big. Hopefully my new job will bring some good opportunities.