A Trip Gone Wrong

The next morning...

I've woken up to 14 missed calls from Perrie and 3 from Ollie. I call Perrie first.

Me: "Hey, are you okay?"
Perrie: "No! I'm not okay Y/N! Have you checked social media?! That little spat last night is all over it, and the Blake and Ryan protection parade are throwing shade at all of us. It's not on Y/N. Mam's getting abused and all sorts, it needs sorting now."
Me: "Pez I've just woken up so I had no idea. How did it get out?"
Perrie: "Looks like someone recorded it and put it on Instagram. You can hear the whole thing. Y/N honestly it looks really bad so please fix it."
Me: "I hear you. But we didn't do anything wrong. Let me call Ollie and see what we can do. I'll ring you back. Xoxo, gossip girl."

Me: "Hi Ol, how the fuck do we fix this?! Scarlett hasn't even woken up yet and I'm getting all this shite on my socials, it's a good job she doesn't have it. Like I'm getting absolutely rinsed and my Mam's being pulled through the dirt as well, she wasn't even in the video so what the fuck man. "
Ollie: "Yeah I figured when you didn't answer you'd have been asleep still. It's alright I think, legal are on it so you probably just need to lay low for a little while until it blows over, they're looking to get the video taken down. There's tons of media outlets around so it might be worth getting out of Newcastle for a bit though, it's gonna be a shit storm for a while. I know she was bang out of order but it might be best to just stay quiet on this one."
Me: "Ollie I didn't want a public spat. It wouldn't surprise me if she's got someone to film it to be honest. She was bitching all night."
Ollie: "Aye, just don't worry too much about it, we'll sort it out for you. I'll chat to you later right?"

By now Scarlett has woken up, and she can tell I'm annoyed. Probably from the pacing around the hotel suite.

Scarlett: Babe if this is about that thing with Blake I'm telling you I'm not apologising to her. Wait, are you annoyed at me?
Me: I don't really know what I am at the minute Scarlett.
Scarlett: Woah, quit it with the full name. Why are you so pissed off?
Me: Why am I pissed off?! That little scene you decided to make yesterday has gone viral, and now my whole family is getting absolutely ruined on social media because you couldn't just leave it alone could you? I knew I shouldn't have told you.
Scarlett: Babe I'm sorry, I didn't know.
Me: I told you, I told you to let it go because I knew this would happen, and now look what happened? I really don't want to be angry with you Scarlett but right now honestly, I'm so pissed. So now I have to fix it. Legal are trying to get the video but I have to fix what should've been just a really good night. Get ready, we're going out for the day anyway.
Scarlett: Wait, so you're pissed at me but you're taking me out?
Me: Trust me, it's not because I want to, it's more to get us out of Newcastle for the day whilst we figure this out. But also Liz and Robbie wanted to go and explore. So we're going on a day trip with Rose.

I walk out of the bedroom and slump on the couch to wait for Scarlett. Whilst I'm waiting I decide to record a video to put out on social media to set the record straight.

Me: "Hi everyone. First of all, I just want to say a huge, huge thank you to every single person that came out to the premiere of Switch in Newcastle last night. The atmosphere was just electric and it's something I'll never forget. Okay so...I woke up this morning to messages surrounding a video that's been released online about an altercation that took place last night at the premiere party between Scarlett and Blake. Let me just start by reminding everyone that there is more than one side to a story. So let me tell you my side. When we got into the room I started off at the bar with Scarlett, she wanted a vodka orange so I ordered whilst she went to go see my Mam, and ended up chatting to Jennifer Lawrence who was on my right, she soon after introduced me to Blake, who until yesterday I'd never met. Anyway, Scarlett came back to get her drink and sort of tried to get me to go see my Mam as I hadn't yet really spoken to her all night, she wandered back and I went to follow, but Blake when made a comment about me being under the thumb and something about Scarlett always using Ryan as a piece of meat when they were married, which let me just say was too long ago to be worth bringing back up, she observed that she was doing the same to me. Of course the same as anyone when your other half is being insulted I took it to her, and left it at that. Anyway, later in the night I told Scarlett what Blake had said and naturally she was unhappy about that, because not only is it untrue, but it's hurtful given past circumstances. The video you have all seen is the confrontation surrounding that previous conversation, so we didn't do anything wrong, and the abuse me, my family and friends are getting online is literally so disgusting. It's not on, I'm not going to sit here and take it. So before all you little keyboard warriors get on your phones and start typing mean messages, just think about the impact it's going to have. Say whatever you want to me, but do not bring my Mam, who wasn't even in the video by the way, into this. This is the only thing I'll say on it, after now I'm done. I shouldn't even have to do this so please let this be the end of it. Thank you."