come a little closer

{"Heart breaks, the heavy worlds upon your shoulders"}

★HARLOW★

March 21st

1997

"Make sure your room is clean. We want this girl to like us."

Zayn trudges past me towards his room, most likely ignoring my statement. I turn back towards the couch, returning to my task of positioning every pillow perfectly. Making sure all of them are fluffed just right. Being the only girl in the house has led me to being the official stager, and making sure everything is ready to be seen by a potential roommate.

Heavy footsteps are heard from behind me, and before I have a chance to turn and see who it is, a large body slams onto the cushions in front of me. Harry's lengthy body smushes all of my hard work.

"Hey! I just fluffed those!" I swat his back, making him jerk upwards in surprise.

"Oh, come on Hayes. Do you seriously think the pillow's fluffiness will sell her on the place?" He mumbles into the pillows.

I tug on his arm, using all of my strength to pull him up.

"Jeez, you're heavy!"

"Well you don't have to be rude, you could just ask me to get up." He adds in a tone, standing up from the couch with crossed arms and a playful pout on his lips.

"Can you please clean all the shit out of your room." I request, putting on my best puppy dog eyes.

"Why is she going to go in my room?"

"She needs the full tour, and she needs to get the vibe on all of her potential roommates."

"Then the half eaten pack of Reese's peanut butter cups will tell her everything she needs to know about me."

I roll my eyes in response.

"Can you make sure to not have an attitude when she's here, we want her to like us."

"Oh! About that...I picked up a shift, so I won't be here."

"What! Harry! She needs to meet everyone!" My eyebrows raise in anger, my hands flailing by my sides.

"Everyone likes me! I don't need to be here!" He yells back in the same frantic tone, slowly inching his way towards his bedroom.

"Not everyone." I mumble under my breath.

Just as he enters his room, his head pops through a crack in the door.

"What was that?"

"Nothing!" I plaster on a large fake smile, turning back around and restarting my fluffing process.

Lorelai

March 21st

1997

I warm my cold hands with my cup of hot coffee. The misty air outside eases the anxiety in my brain. I've always been a sucker for rainy days and cold weather. I grew up in Southern California, where it is always way too hot. I didn't want to move too far from Faye so we agreed to go to colleges in Northern California, where it tends to be just a bit colder and gloomier. I love the days when it rains. I always rush outside to stand beneath the freezing water. Since I was little, I've had a fantasy of moving to a woodsy area and dancing with my significant other in the pouring rain.

William hates the rain.

He hates when his hair gets wet, and the smell of the cement. He hates the cold gusts of wind, and when the water droplets leave stains on his windshield. He hates the ideas of umbrellas, especially the colorful ones, and when water seeps into his shoes. He hates kids that splash in puddles, and when the sun is covered by the dark clouds. He hates lightning and always jumps dramatically when thunder follows. He always seems to be moodier when it rains.