only angel *

★ HARRY ★

October 31st
1997

"Don't aim the smoke machine in my face you dumbass! Put it on the floor!" I yell at Mitch, getting pelted in the face with most likely toxic smoke.

"But it's funny to watch you struggle!" Mitch laughs manically, but the cat ears on his head make him far less intimidating than he thinks.

He places the fog machine on the floor, letting the room fill with the smoke. I regret my decision to agree to help set up this Halloween party, but it was kinda necessary. I told Lorelai that I was heading over to the loft early to set up, which isn't a lie, but I also had to brief the entire group on my plans for the proposal so far. It's a major work in progress, and talking about it makes me want to projectile vomit, but everyone was super excited to be involved.

The party starts in a little under an hour, and we are nearly done getting everything together. We've got fake skeletons hanging from the walls, alcohol filled cauldrons, and caution tape everywhere. We invited everyone we know, so now we just have to hope people actually show up. I mean, who would pass up on coming to a rockstars halloween party?

Is it conceited to refer to myself like that?"

"Meow!" Mitch screeches, and for a moment I want to slap him for his antics, but then I notice what he was talking about.

Sarah comes waltzing into the room, dressed as a classic mouse. She wears a gray dress, paired with a headband that has mouse ears and a piece of cheese in the center. She drew on some whiskers with her makeup, and I honestly can't deny that their couples costume isn't cute. A cat and mouse, it's perfect for them.

A door opens and closes, Harlow walking into the room lazily. She's dressed casually in jeans and a t-shirt, kinda disappointing.

"What are you supposed to be?" I ask her.

She points to her shirt which reads, 'This is my costume'. I laugh loudly, the costume being exactly what I should've expected from her. She moves to go sit on the couch, pouring herself her first drink of the night.

Niall comes out of his room, which is still weird to see as it was once Lorelai's room. I immediately laugh out loud when I see his costume, but he wears it with pride. He's dressed as a man baby, a diaper and all. He's got a pacifier in his mouth, and a comically large bib around his neck. It's hilarious and perfect.

"And now! Presenting the couples costume of the year!" Zayn yells out from the hallway before him and Faye slowly emerge from the hallway.

Zayn is dressed in a full tuxedo, bow tie and all. Faye is dressed in a classic wedding dress, veil and all. I sigh to myself at the sight.

"You guys are a bride and groom? You're milking it at this point!" I laugh loudly.

"We're not just any bride and groom! We are a dead bride and groom!" Faye exclaims, pointing to the minimal amounts of fake blood splattered on their clothing. "Plus, says you! What are you even supposed to be? An angsty teenager?"

"I'm a devil, duh?!" I point to the small devil horns on my head. "I don't own a lot of red clothing!" I whine, peering down at my basic outfit.

I'm dressed in my regular black jeans and a random t-shirt that had the most amount of red details in it. I paired it with a basic red flannel and my red converse to really sell the look.

Two knocks land on the front door and I walk over to answer it, hoping it isn't a random guest here for the party already. I throw open the door, coming face to face with Max. He gleams up at me, a mischievous look on his face. I take one look at his outfit and scoff.